Can You Define Beauty?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 17, 2007
Don't know why I named it this, but it's the first thing that popped into my mind. lol Tryin' some new techniques and just trying to be versatile...

Mar 17, 2007
Looking like she picking a wedgie hah, nah but great work, like it a lot.
haha, i heard that alot, i dont know what the heck she is doing in that pic

to tosin, that one was just a mockup, i wish it was a real mag, i enjoy doin editorial design more than anything else.

as far as urban timez goes, man, yeah, well ima try to explain it like this...
i got contacted by the owner (lets call him jason from now on) to design this mag for him, so jason asked if $500 was good for the whole thing, i told him yeah. then he gets a partner (lets call him charles), charles contacts me sayin that he was jasons partner and i would be dealin with him and that he would send jason his half of the pay for jason to give to me. so jason sends me the money and we call it even, then a month goes by and the mag never gets printed and i lose contact with jason.
few months go by and charles contacts me askin if i still charge $1000 for a mag layout, i tell him i only charged $500 for it, and he says jason had told him i charged $1000 so he sent jason his half of the payment for jason to pay me, so jason had played both of us, charles thought i charged $1000 and paid $500 to jason and jason paid me the $500, all along im thinkin charles and jason split it $250 each and charles is told that i got paid the full $1000 for a layout, but jason never paid a dime and charles paid for everything.
so yeah, when urban timez tried to start back up i didnt get involved with it, i learned that whole 'movement' was a joke as far as business goes.

Apr 25, 2002
www.rcanedesign.com
i hate working with groups or partners, I always run into some stupid shit that is caused by one person then it fucks up the entire arrangement, hard to find people that truly act as professional as they want to appear

btw, good work

lol at the wedgie, or is she scratching her ass?

Mar 17, 2007
thanx for the feedbak errbody, i think she is actually just holding her bikini bottom, i dont know tho, check the orig pic:

UNC

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2004
I remember the owner of Urban Timez tried to get me aboard too for the project but i passed. They only released one issue for the mag?

Mar 17, 2007
yeah, there was only 1 issue that got printed. there was suppose to be a 2nd issue that was gonna coincide with Chamillionaire's Sound of Revenge release, we had all these exclusive pics and interviews with him before anyone else did, and dude dropped the ball on it and it never got printed. There was a 3rd issue that was online only, never got printed either.
Last I heard he had tried starting it back up but I never heard nothin' 'bout it...

UNC

Sicc OG
Aug 8, 2004
yeah, there was only 1 issue that got printed. there was suppose to be a 2nd issue that was gonna coincide with Chamillionaire's Sound of Revenge release, we had all these exclusive pics and interviews with him before anyone else did, and dude dropped the ball on it and it never got printed. There was a 3rd issue that was online only, never got printed either.
Last I heard he had tried starting it back up but I never heard nothin' 'bout it...
Word. Thats what happens when people jump into things without setting out a business plan. It had potential tho.. good promotion and all but its a shame it never settled.

Mar 17, 2007
Word. Thats what happens when people jump into things without setting out a business plan. It had potential tho.. good promotion and all but its a shame it never settled.
yeah, ive learned that its just apart of the business, unfortunately. nothing u can do but keep pushin on.