can some1 explain..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 28, 2004
A sociopath has little to no connections with other people. Antisocial, and not caring about anyone else's welfare. Tend to just see other people as nonliving parts of their environment. Apathetic about anyone else mostly. They're really impulsive, and do rash things just because they feel like, because it makes them happy at the time. They don't care if it affects anyone else. But they still have a thin line of understanding of right and wrong.

A psychopath is basically the same thing though, and they're actually so self focused that they're manipulative and can pull off being "socially charming" only to get their way. Sort of like pretending to be social only because they're learned that they can use people easier i they pretend to be a certain way. And they're very selfish and care only for their own gratification no matter how they achieve it. Apathetic, promiscuous, willing to hurt people mentally and physically just to get their own way, and have many of the same attributes as the sociopath.

If you look up the definition of both, you'll see referrences that psychopaths and sociopaths are basically the same thing, except that a psychopath is a bit more out of control.

Talus

Sicc OG
May 14, 2002
cannibal nailed it...
id just say something short and sweet..
sociopath are just people who dont have a 'conscience' or has no empathy or remorse for others

where as psycho is pretty much the same but their personality takes it a level further and is aggresive perverted with more of a blatant disrespect for otherz

Sep 28, 2004
Haha, you ever seen American Psycho? Hannibal? Devil's Rejects?

Most sociopaths and psychopaths don't really recognize a problem. If someone suspects they're one, they've got enough sense not to be. Someone with a real mental illness doesn't understand the full problem. Like they say, it's everyone else who has the problem. Most people that I have met who believed they were sociopaths were just folks who wanted negative attention. It's the people who do shit and don't care about the aftermath who have the real problem. If they can acknowledge that they've caused a problem, they're not sociopaths. If they don't even turn around to look and see if they hurt anyone, they might just be one.

Sep 28, 2004
For a minute I wanted to work with the mentally ill. So I started researching it, and looking at books. After a bit, I realized that half of the people around me were mentally ill and it sort of lost its glamour, haha. Most folks got some sort of issues, in varying degrees.