Can Hawaii beat Georgia???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 15, 2005
Guess my bet was a lot safer than I originally thought.

I made it solely based on Hawaii being a WAC team facing a very proven Georgia.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
colt brennan wont make it in the nfl. this is the type of environment he will be in every game in the pros. his draft stock had to have plummeted.

Apr 25, 2002
Basically the SEC is the best conference in the country, with the most speed.

But not the kind of speed you're probably thinking of, I don't think SEC backs and receivers and DBs are faster than those in the other BCS Conferences. I think the difference in speed is on the line of scrimmage. Somehow the Dirty South can make these big hogs 280-320 lbs who can run.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
His O-line wouldn't be as outmatched in the NFL. Not sure you really have any idea what you're talking about.

Again.
really?? what team with a good oline right now needs a qb? i dont know of any. even when the pressure was minimal he still wasnt that impressive. did i say something to hurt your feelings? yay he put up big numbers this year but hes never faced pressure before. when he did he crumbled. who do you see taking a risk on him?

May 9, 2002
Basically the SEC is the best conference in the country, with the most speed.

But not the kind of speed you're probably thinking of, I don't think SEC backs and receivers and DBs are faster than those in the other BCS Conferences. I think the difference in speed is on the line of scrimmage. Somehow the Dirty South can make these big hogs 280-320 lbs who can run.
Basically, the SEC is the most overhyped and overrated conference....ever.

Kinda easy to destroy teams when you play one of the easiest OOC schedules around.

Hawaii almost lost to UW...so this game has little merit to how "good" the SEC is....but how BAD Hawaii is.

Jun 15, 2005
really?? what team with a good oline right now needs a qb? i dont know of any. even when the pressure was minimal he still wasnt that impressive. did i say something to hurt your feelings? yay he put up big numbers this year but hes never faced pressure before. when he did he crumbled. who do you see taking a risk on him?
you sure ask a lot of questions for someone who makes a two sentence evaluation of someone else's career based on one game. STFU homeboy, next time put some more thought into your comments.

May 9, 2002
you sure ask a lot of questions for somehow who makes a two sentence evaluation of someone else's career based on one game. STFU homeboy, next time put some more thought into your comments.
LOL

Colt's OLine is AVERAGE at best. Hawaii's O-line is like that EVERY year. Any GOOD Hawaiian HS Offensive lineman prospects, end up at either USC, BYU, or Oregon State...

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
Colts stock did plummet IMO.Also,he never stretches the field,and they get alot of yac from their speedy recievers on screens and quick slants.He's a good college QB,but I think he's a late 2nd...early 3rd rounder...we'll see how he throws at the combine.

May 9, 2002
He can and does throw downfield when the defensie gives it to him and the OL stands up for more than 3 seconds...the reason he dumps it off so much is becuase those OLmen are fuckin TERRIBLE...as seen yesterday. BUt when given the time, his accuracy is just as good as Matt Ryan's. Ive watched 5 Hawaii games this year and in every game, he has found a way to either come back or show off that arm and vision of his.

Although i do agree hell go later in the draft, he is going to turn out to be a steal at that point. Watch.

Apr 25, 2002
Basically, the SEC is the most overhyped and overrated conference....ever.

Kinda easy to destroy teams when you play one of the easiest OOC schedules around.

Hawaii almost lost to UW...so this game has little merit to how "good" the SEC is....but how BAD Hawaii is.
When it comes down to evaluating college FB conferences, I am going to go with the conference that puts players in the NFL at the highest rate. You can go about the matchup head to head stuff until you're blue in the face, but you'll always find something to counter any point and not be able to develop an opinion at all (i.e. Michigan's success against the SEC but Ohio State's failure).

It is a fact that the SEC puts players in the league better than anybody else, so that's why I believe in the general quality of FB throughout that league over that of any other league.

The Southeast plays far and away the best HS football in the country. The SEC is the BCS Conference beneficiary of this fact of American geography.

May 9, 2002
When it comes down to evaluating college FB conferences, I am going to go with the conference that puts players in the NFL at the highest rate. You can go about the matchup head to head stuff until you're blue in the face, but you'll always find something to counter any point and not be able to develop an opinion at all (i.e. Michigan's success against the SEC but Ohio State's failure).

It is a fact that the SEC puts players in the league better than anybody else, so that's why I believe in the general quality of FB throughout that league over that of any other league.

The Southeast plays far and away the best HS football in the country. The SEC is the BCS Conference beneficiary of this fact of American geography.

Thats cus the South has WAAAAY more football players playing...FOOTBALL.

So of COURSE that region puts more in the NFL...thats not math...thats common SENSE.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Aren't alot of college football players these days recruited from California? That's what I've read somewhere.

May 9, 2002
Aren't alot of college football players these days recruited from California? That's what I've read somewhere.
Of course they are.But Cali has to supply the WHOLE west coast...while the SE region is plentyful. We are talking about a SINGLE state vs. about 7-10.

FYI, Florida, Texas and Cal are the states with t he most prospects every year.

Apr 25, 2002
Thats cus the South has WAAAAY more football players playing...FOOTBALL.

So of COURSE that region puts more in the NFL...thats not math...thats common SENSE.
No No. None of what I was referring to was total number data, it was all ratio data. What you said actually doesn't hold true. Football players come from all over the US at a noticeably less regional pattern than the per capita measures would suggest. The per capita analysis measures how concentrated the good football players are (and thus, how likely they were to run into each other during the course of their HS careers).

Total NFL Players

Per Capita NFL Players

The South really emerges from the per capita perspective. You see that players are statistically 2-4 times more likely to make the NFL from the deep South than they are in the rest of the country. The best example is Louisiana, which has a population of roughly less than half of Washington (around 3 million) and they have 90 players in the NFL. 90! And while there are actually more kids playing football in the state of Washington (or Illinois, or Michigan, or insert non-southern state here), the ones from Louisiana can really play, so they put up huge numbers despite the small size.

I am convinced that largely b/c of the intensity of football played in their home states, ballplayers from down there (many of whom end up in the SEC) are just on a different level. This coupled with the fact it's the #1 NFL producer is why I respect the SEC so much.