Cain Velasquez?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Timm

Banned
Sep 16, 2008
where the fuck is this retard? is the UFC heavyweight belt defended like once a decade? When Lesnar got the shit he took like a 2 year break as well. WHAT THE FUCK

Feb 12, 2004
He was injured, but he's fighting Junior Dos Santos in November at the HP Pavillion in San Jose, Ca!! HELL YEAH! I'll be there for sure. I don't even know who to root for cause I like both...

Jan 18, 2006
folks should be stripped of the title or do the interim title thing when shit like this happens. It makes there heavyweight look bad cuz the same thing happened to Brock right before this

Apr 2, 2010
Go to your local high school and ask them what they think is more exciting lol. The future generations doesn't give 2 shits about boxing.
Thats because MMA is more exotic and versatile, kids don't find throwing hands fun because anyone can do it.

Boxing is much more entertaining than MMA to anyone who watches it on a skilled and competitive level. imo

Theres too many fights that are one sided in MMA opposed to boxing.

Dec 30, 2003
Not according to Mike Tyson:

Go to your local high school and ask them what they think is more exciting lol. The future generations doesn't give 2 shits about boxing.
Haha ironlungs is like bob arum.... He maaaad that mma betterrr... Being a biased ass fan is boring man... And that last HW title fight.... UFC 132 had more viewers....

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
I got into UFC Heavy like 5-6 years ago. But that wrestling shit just wore me out.....

Every fuckin match them dudes just want to wrestle. Sure, every once in a while you see a nice drop kick or knockout punch..........but overall I just couldnt take it anymore.

One other thing.........it seems like every body and their fucking mom thinks they can be a UFC fighter now. That's the other thing I hate about MMA. Just because you took a Karate class or a boxing lessons doesn't make you a MMA fighter. This ultimately did me in with UFC because it brought a bunch of whack fitghts..........

Thats just my take.

i'll watch it every now and then, but fuck pay for PPV's like I used to.

Mar 22, 2007
I got into UFC Heavy like 5-6 years ago. But that wrestling shit just wore me out.....

Every fuckin match them dudes just want to wrestle. Sure, every once in a while you see a nice drop kick or knockout punch..........but overall I just couldnt take it anymore.

One other thing.........it seems like every body and their fucking mom thinks they can be a UFC fighter now. That's the other thing I hate about MMA. Just because you took a Karate class or a boxing lessons doesn't make you a MMA fighter. This ultimately did me in with UFC because it brought a bunch of whack fitghts..........

Thats just my take.

THIS

Jan 7, 2004

Thats just my take.

That is an understandable reason, most people don't want to admit that they don't like the wrestling/grappling aspect. It is part of the sport and if you are not into it, than you are not totally into MMA, just some parts, which is perfectly expectable.

Most true fans that follow MMA hardcore enjoy the wrestling and BJJ. I personally like watching high school and collegiate wrestling as well as I like watching BJJ tournaments. Most people do not understand the technicality of grappling, they may understand the basics, but I'm talking about the more intricate details that make grappling interesting.

This goes with other things as well. For example Baseball, I find it somewhat boring, but when I watch it with my father in law and he explains the intricate details like how player X is suppose to catch the ball a certain way to be able to get a better release and stuff like that it becomes much more interesting other than what I am seeing is a guy catching a ball and throwing it. Like grappling, most people see 2 people on the ground, not realizing that one might be trying to get wrist control, or is positioning a leg a certain way for a sweep, or is trying to set up a submission.

Now there are some MMA fighters that really do just try to stay in ones guard and not go for subs, not go for better positioning and their ground and pound is unseen, now that can be uninteresting to just about anyone.

Jan 12, 2006

Thats just my take.

props x10000000000

Timm

Banned
Sep 16, 2008
it seems like every body and their fucking mom thinks they can be a UFC fighter now. That's the other thing I hate about MMA. Just because you took a Karate class or a boxing lessons doesn't make you a MMA fighter.

always see retards rocking UFC and tapout shirts acting like tough men

Sep 15, 2009
Lmao I'll give u props for that post Timm. Too many douches wearing Affliction shirts too. Not as much as before but still.

MMA > boxing tho. I like watching boxing but to me its not as entertaining as MMA

Dec 30, 2003
i gotta simple solution for the people who dislike mma...

dont fucking watch it...

I'm a fan of boxing, and have been my whole life.. but its the BOXING ONLY fans that are fuckin annoying. You cant sit there and blast the sport of MMA bc ur tired of seeing GSP dry hump people...

in that case lemme blast boxing bc David Haye and Wladimir Klitschko didnt live to the hype, alexander and bradley sucked, Floyd and Manny will never fight, Shane and Manny dance around for 12 rounds and bore people...

Every sport has its flaws and snooze moments. MMA has had its share of shitty moments and so has boxing. But i still love both sports.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
^^I literally can not remember the last MMA match I watched. So, I heed your advice.

It's not that I can't stand watching GSP dry hump people....its that I can't stand %80 of the sport Dry humping each other.

Let me say though that I do plan on watching Nick Diaz's next fight. I was always a fan of his. He is a real fighter and will pull some karate shit out of his ass too.

All in all, its the fans of MMA that crack me up. I am talking about MMA only fans. I know like 30 people that are now trying to be MMA fighters. Or so called.............

I swear...

Dec 30, 2003
^^I literally can not remember the last MMA match I watched. So, I heed your advice.

It's not that I can't stand watching GSP dry hump people....its that I can't stand %80 of the sport Dry humping each other.

Let me say though that I do plan on watching Nick Diaz's next fight. I was always a fan of his. He is a real fighter and will pull some karate shit out of his ass too.

All in all, its the fans of MMA that crack me up. I am talking about MMA only fans. I know like 30 people that are now trying to be MMA fighters. Or so called.............

I swear...

Yea see me i can watch both... Bc in reality, ive watched waaaay more boxing than i have mma... And i watch a shit ton of mma.. I know what ur saying about the dry humping tho or guys fighting for points.. A lot of guys are losing that killer instinct and wanna lay on a dude... Or in boxing an occasional 1,2 run away... And it makes some fights boring... But i cant sit there and bash either sport bc of a few guys... And since this is a Cain Velasquez thread i will go out and say dude is the best wrestler the UFC has. When he takes someone down expect hundreds of punches.