Brotha Lynch Hung – Season Of Da Siccness "1st Press"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2003
Haha, this ends up like the discussion last year. We had no conclusion then either, just mad chaos caused by all the different releases

Jan 6, 2003
B @bottlez , what is the ring code on your release? If there was a local BMR release of season of da siccness right before the priority/BMR release it will most likely have a DIDX ring code like every other release from BMR before 1995, like X raided, doomsday and 24 deep.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Okay, I am so fucking lost now. I thought I knew for sure but now I'm second guessing myself.

Point is, with so many different releases (and no one knowing for sure which is the first press) you would be better off just buying a cheaper reprint for 12$ off amazon then paying some guy 25$ for a "first press".

May 16, 2010
B @bottlez , what is the ring code on your release? If there was a local BMR release of season of da siccness right before the priority/BMR release it will most likely have a DIDX ring code like every other release from BMR before 1995, like X raided, doomsday and 24 deep.
nah no DIDX RCD372B1 U-TECH/CA IFPI LR51

Apr 25, 2006
I wouldn't think the OG has 1994,1995 printed on the disc referring to heata's pics....but I don't know...looks like we're gettin nowhere fast.....the brown disc to me seems OG just due to the others discs having that screened print look on the disc....

Looked at the brown disc version I have and it also has 1994,1995 date on the disc...so it seems there should be a 1994 version only?

May 22, 2002
the version I posted is different than the version heata posted - look at the font of the backcover. Heata's inlay got an ad "coming soon: mr. doctor" and the version I posted has ads for ebk4, best of bmr, desperados. So there is definitely a BMR ONLY REPRESS floating around

May 27, 2006
alright so confirmed that my brown disc version is a non priority release, it is actually dist. by black market ringcode says apo193cd 4l JVC Ca...that dam ringcode is damn near transparent..lol...

sidenote: my loaded cd is a priority release and the disc is silver with brown and the lettering just looks black check the link
http://www.rapmusicguide.com/item/3021/Brotha_Lynch_Hung_Loaded.html
I just talked with Flowjob about the Black Disc version of Doomsday XV which has a JVC CA ringcode. People say its released after the DIDX version. If this is true im pretty sure any SOTS with a JVC CA ringcode is not the first press either.

I think its like for Master P 99 Ways 2 Die. The CD came first with distributor (P on SMG, Lynch on Priority) and was rereleased years later without the distributor because the contract had ended. (in Ps case it was also rereleased in 96 on Priority but then years later he made a press just on No Limit like i think all the SOTS just on Black Market came years after the og which was distributed thru priority).

just guessing

Jan 6, 2003
I'm starting to think that this "first press local release" is nothing but rumors caused by all the different re-releases, just like we've been discussing in this and previous threads. We still haven't seen any older release than the priority/BMR release...

L @leos2tight , I'd buy that CD and keep it as a first press until someone comes up with a picture proof of a real local first pressing. It might have been pressed in very limited amounts, but I am surprised that no one on this board, with all these professional collectors, ain't none that have seen this supposed pressing. But like Lambo says, BMR was notorious for pressing multiple low number batches of their early CDs so it might very well be a first local pressing.

Anyway, it's a dope album. One of the top 10 classic west coast rap CDs fa sho

Jun 7, 2006
If I remember it correctly the company responsible for U-TECH ringcodes were active around the end og the 90s/beginning of 2000. My guess is that yours is a re-release too but I'm not sure.
It means that the re-release went out in 1999 ?

Yes, for 20€ is good deal, but I would like to know if there is a press OG in finality !

Jan 6, 2003
You might never know if there is a release prior to the Priority/BMR release, as you may have guessed after all the confusion in this thread. this album and many others from BMR have been re-released in multiple versions. My point is that even after all this discussion no one has come up with any evidence for a local release before the one you have access to, so the chance of that release being the OG release is I'd say, fairly high. Every other release posted pics of in this thread either have ring codes from 2000 or ads for future releases that weren't even thought of when season was released. 20 euros is a price that you can live with but I'm sure you can find it on amazon for cheaper. but of course, the easiest solution is to buy this one and keep your eyes open for a possible earlier release...