Brotha Lynch Hung – Season Of Da Siccness "1st Press"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2003
Are you sure what is the first press of SODS? There was a discussion on this board a couple of years ago where someone talked about a pre-priority pressing of this album. Which one do you have? Is it priority/black market? Is the disc black or brown? there were a lot of different opinions on which one was the OG first press but no one could confirm anything. the first press I've seen is the one distributed through priority.

Jan 6, 2003
that's the priority distributed version which is the one I've always thought was the first pressing. I haven't ever seen any photo or anything else showing an earlier black market only version. that doesn't mean it doesn't exist LOL

Apr 25, 2006
I always was under the impression that the brown disc is the OG which is a priority release, I have heard that there may have been a pre-priority release but haven't seen one to confirm

on a side note: if anyone has a SOTS cd cover only they would like to sell/give up let me know...lost my cover awhile back and been looking ever since. thanks!

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
I always was under the impression that the brown disc is the OG which is a priority release, I have heard that there may have been a pre-priority release but haven't seen one to confirm

on a side note: if anyone has a SOTS cd cover only they would like to sell/give up let me know...lost my cover awhile back and been looking ever since. thanks!
I think I still have mine. The disc got jacked. (It's the OG version I was talking about above) I'll have to look in some boxes. Think I have a few stacks of CD covers from jacked CDs.

BTW since it's on topic as well. Loaded OG has purple on disc (probably faded to grey on most copies now) while the rerelease has green on the disc.

Jan 18, 2006
somehow i got the og cd even im pretty sure i bought that one in like 2000. Must of bought it used cuz i bought the cassette originally and that says priority records on it.

Apr 25, 2006
^^^thats not the OG.

1st press is black market only, with a brown disc.

AFAIK, Lynch didn't get with Priority until after SOTS came out.
you know your making me second guess myself now I know for a fact I have the brown disc but Im thinking it may not have the priority on it...Im ahave to check to be sure..

man if you could find out about that cover I would def. appreciate it....I gave that cover and my c-bo/blh cover to a homegurl that was going to get them signed for me....fuckin flew the coop

Oh yea... and if anyone has a cover to the jcor version of blocc movement

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Got any scans of that release? We were under the impression the priority version with the barcode on the left side was the OG. http://www.rapmusicguide.com/item/592/Brotha_Lynch_Hung_Season_Of_Da_Siccness.html
It looks just like this http://www.rapmusicguide.com/item/3022/Brotha_Lynch_Hung_Season_Of_Da_Siccness.html except this disc is brown and there is no "mr doc coming soon".

That's a pretty cool website but it seems to be filled with holes and inconsistencies. Just from looking at the Lynch section it almost seems as if someone kind of just took a best guess at things instead of sticking to facts. For example, Nigga Deep came out in 98, not 96.