"bronco fan recovers after attack at qualcomm stadium

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2004
SOUTHEAST DAGO
Broncos fan recovers after attack at Qualcomm Stadium - KSWB

SAN DIEGO – A Chula Vista man says he was knocked unconscious because of the NFL jersey he was wearing outside Qualcomm Stadium right before Monday Night Football between the Chargers and Broncos.

“Someone spilled their beer on me, and the next thing I noticed I woke up in a hospital the next day,” said Eric, a 22-year-old Broncos fan who didn’t want to give his last name.

Eric said Chargers fans began harassing him because he was wearing his Broncos jersey just before the start of the game. Within seconds someone hit him on the back of his head, and he fell to the ground and hit his head. He spent two days in the hospital. Wednesday, he returned home to begin the healing process.

“I was bleeding from my head. My body is in pain. I’m taking medication every day, and I’ve lost my sense of smell"

So far, no arrest has been made and police have no leads. Police are asking witnesses to come forward and hope that someone may have captured the incident on cell phone video.

Eric said that although he was seriously injured, the attack will not keep him from returning to Qualcomm Stadium to watch football games in the future.

I was at the game and saw multiple fights so no surprise here that somebody got seriously injured

Oct 19, 2004
SOUTHEAST DAGO
theres always two sides to every fight,so im sure he put his spin on it to make it look like he's in the right..who knows for sure if he didnt swing first then got hit,espcially if his parents are out to press charges..but if what he said is true then yeah he got cheap shotted