Brett Favre won't play for Vikings

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2009
Updated: July 28, 2009, 5:29 PM ET
Report: Favre opts to remain retiredComment Email Print Share By Kevin Seifert
ESPN.com
Archive

Favre

Quarterback Brett Favre has informed Minnesota Vikings officials that he will remain retired, according to The Star Tribune.

Coach Brad Childress confirmed the news to the Star Tribune, leaving the Vikings in an unexpected and awkward spot with training camp set to open Wednesday. The Vikings are now left to choose between Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels as their 2009 starter.

"I just think it was a rare opportunity to explore a Hall of Fame quarterback who had background in the NFC and in this division," Childress said to the newspaper. "He knows our system inside out ... This doesn't change anything about how I feel about our football team."

Kevin Seifert covers the NFC North for ESPN.com.

Feb 14, 2004
Damn about time he makes his mind up. He was a great QB and all, but I just got sick and tired of this whole, "Favre Watch", on NFL Network. With Favre out of the picture for the Vikings, I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings picked up Vick.

Nov 27, 2006
with or without him the vikequeens aint doin shit. No biggie
lmao 9 out of 10 people would pick the vikings to finish above the fudgepackers in the division. Your defense is shit and we're still gonna run all over you. Have fun fighting with the Lions for 3rd place

and Fuck Brett Favre, glad he's not coming

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Free agent Brett Favre "will continue to throw and work out," according to NFL Network's Scott Hanson.
You've got to be kidding us. Hanson reports that Favre said he's still not totally decided about whether he'll stay retired or try to play, even after "confirming" he'd re-re-retire to Vikings coach Brad Childress and in an interview with ESPN's Ed Werder. It wouldn't shock us one bit if Favre tries to come back late in training camp or even during the regular season.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
just the other day on ESPN John Clayton was saying that he knows for sure 100% that Favre will absolutely be playing for the Vikings... guess he feels dumb now

Apr 25, 2002
I love that he isn't coming back.

I love that he isn't coming back and Vikings fans started buying Favre 4 jerseys.

I hate that they are still talking about him.