boyz in the hood

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
If Boyz was nominated for all that shit then Menace should of been nominated for twice as much shit.

Boyz is good but Menace is by far the best hood film ever made.
C/S

Menace is one of my favorite movies ever, ive prolly seen it more times than any other movie, and the end with the mc eiht slap totally completes it......

May 2, 2002
Teacher:"Would you like to get up and teach the class?"
Trey:"Yeah, I can do dat."
Teacher:"And what will be the basis of your lecture?"
Trey:"What?"
Teacher:"What are you going to talk about?"
Trey:"I'll tell you, if you let me talk. Shoot."

I always laugh at this part.

Jun 15, 2005
Believe me, I'm not by any means one of these movie critic fags that'll tell you that it sucked and you're a moron for liking it.

In my collection, I only own Menace, and that's because it entertained me more.

Now writing wise, quotable doesn't mean better written. Boyz was a coming of age movie where you saw dudes that grew up together go through the hood life. Each character was developed to be an individual, and they were characters you know all to well - the schoolboy, two/three bangers, and one athlete who was the brother of a banger.. Now, a few of the same kind of characters that Menace developed, Boyz did better.

Also, the amount of drama that went down in for one dude in about two weeks of time during menace, woulda took like 2 years within four dudes in real life. It was one fucking life or death drama after the other in a short amount of time. You may not agree with my numbers, but the point is made.

May 30, 2006
What went down with Caine in Menace went by throughout the summer. He did go through a lot but for an active gangbanger/drug dealer a lot can happen in one summer. I'm not sure all the shit he went through can but a lot can if u get what I'm saying.

Nov 20, 2005
If Boyz was nominated for all that shit then Menace should of been nominated for twice as much shit.

Boyz is good but Menace is by far the best hood film ever made.

Dead Homiez is not as good as those 2 but is by far the most realistic hood movie till this day.
blood in blood out, ese!
Um not better then Menace homie.
c/s

the funny thing is..i clicked on this thread and im watching menace..

2 double cheeseburgers anyone?? LOL!!!

~k.

Jun 9, 2007
Menace shits on Boyz in the Hood for replay value... I can still watch Menace.. I cant sit through Boyz... all the way one more time in my life without puking

but Dont be a Menace to South Central while drinking your Juice in the Hood shits on both of em...