boyz in the hood

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 30, 2006
im watching this shit on spike.Did this movie get any kind of academy awards or anything like that.
No Hood flick has ever gotten an award.

I remember going to the theaters to see this in Pomona when I was 13. Everybody loved this movie

A couple years later when Menace 2 Society came out everyone almost forgot Boyz N' Da Hood. It fucks me up when evry so often I meet someone that thinks Boyz was better then Menace.

Good movie & one of the very few movies by John Singleton that was any good @ all.

I thought they should of had some type of consultant on the set cuz some of that shit was bogus. Like Dough Boy looking for the niggaz that killed Ricky. Dude is driving around town for like 2 hours in a drop top low rider with 2 thug ass niggaz in the back seat with a chopper in his lap. No G-Ride? In real life they would of got pulled over so damn fast. That part was hella unrealistic.

Still a good flick though.

Aug 24, 2003
that gay ass cuba ruined the shit for me.. i mean its a good movie, classic... but "imma kill those cops! ill kill these cops (crying and swinging at air)" fucking faggot

cryin in his bitches lap half the damn movie, cryin to his dad

menace is definitely ten times better

GXformKY

My Mom Loves Black Dick
Dec 12, 2007
Boyz n the Hood is an Academy Award-nominated 1991 hood film

Awards

Academy Awards 1992

* Nominee, Best Director, John Singleton
* Nominee, Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen, John Singleton

BMI Film Music Award 1992

* Winner, Stanley Clarke

Image Award 1993

* Winner, Outstanding Motion Picture, Boyz n the Hood

MTV Movie Award 1992

* Nominee, Best Movie, Boyz n the Hood
* Winner, Best New Filmmaker, John Singleton

National Film Preservation Board, USA 2002

* National Film Registry, Boyz n the Hood

New York Film Critics Circle Award 1991

* Winner, Best New Director, John Singleton

Political Film Society, USA 1992

* Winner, PFS Award, Peace
* Nominee, PFS Award, Exposé
* Nominee, PFS Award, Human Rights

Writers Guild of America, USA 1992

* Nominee, WGA Award (Screen), Best Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen, John Singleton]

Young Artist Awards 1992

* Winner, Young Artist Award, Outstanding Young Ensemble Cast in a Motion Picture

In 2007, Boyz n the Hood was selected as on of the 50 Films To See Before You Die by Channel 4
fuckin good flick though

May 30, 2006
If Boyz was nominated for all that shit then Menace should of been nominated for twice as much shit.

Boyz is good but Menace is by far the best hood film ever made.

Dead Homiez is not as good as those 2 but is by far the most realistic hood movie till this day.

May 16, 2002
What I found hilarioius about Boyz N The Hood, was the scene after Ricky is shot and they take him home. Ricky's chick comes out from the room with the baby in her arms and screams hella loud scaring the shit outta the kid LOL!!!!

Jun 15, 2005
The writing/storyline in Boyz was much better than Menace, and thats why it got nominated for more shit.

Now, whether or not that made for a more entertaining or realistic experience for those of us watching, thats up to each person's opinion.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
boyz in tha hood was highly acclaimed by critics everywhere but you know they wouldnt give that shit no oscar. i like both movies equally. you can look at both movies and point to scenes that are unrealistic or seem contrived. they both had different themes so at least menace wasnt a knockoff of boyz n the hood.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I always laugh at the black cop in Boyz in The Hood, "You think you're tough!!! I want a pic of that for my sig. Maybe he was J-Boegs inspiration?!?