Boxing News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Well to me it was a close enough fight to where I was ok with Bradley getting the decision. I mean lets be real, that Canelo over Trout decision was much worse than this decision but I dont see folks raising a fuss. Thats because Canelo is supposed to be the new face of boxing so people dont want him to lose lol. Got Em!!

Feb 10, 2006
Boxing fans will always make arguements and excuses to make their favorite fighters look better. But we have to look at current facts and say that Bradley beat Manny, whether we like it or not. I don't like it but I moved on. If not I'll sound just like Mayweather when he tries to make sense out of all the bullshit he says. The beauty about boxing is that the only experts that do exist are in the corners and in the ring. Commentators are not even experts, they are stat distributors. If Max Kellerman is an expert, I want him to train me so I can be a champ rt now! The arguement that I'm sayin is that Bradley and Floyd are both champs at a legit 147lbs and I would prefer to see that than someone come up two classes or down two classes just so a healthy Floyd could fight them.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Boxing fans will always make arguements and excuses to make their favorite fighters look better. But we have to look at current facts and say that Bradley beat Manny, whether we like it or not. I don't like it but I moved on. If not I'll sound just like Mayweather when he tries to make sense out of all the bullshit he says. The beauty about boxing is that the only experts that do exist are in the corners and in the ring. Commentators are not even experts, they are stat distributors. If Max Kellerman is an expert, I want him to train me so I can be a champ rt now! The arguement that I'm sayin is that Bradley and Floyd are both champs at a legit 147lbs and I would prefer to see that than someone come up two classes or down two classes just so a healthy Floyd could fight them.
So then are u saying u would love to see Floyd fight Paulie??? Got Em!!

CZAR @CZAR No, the Castillo vs Maywether decision was the worst of the decade! But like I said, let's move on.
Naw not even close. I thought Floyd won a very close fight and then he came back and dominated him case closed. U want Floyd to have a loss so bad dont u?? Haha. Got Em!!

Feb 10, 2006
Please, close or not, Floyd lost and hh knows it thats why he granted the rematch, case closed. And hell yeah I would watch Paulie vs Floyd, floyds fights are boring but just imagine the promo to this one? I'm actually watching tonights fight cuz of paulie, who's watching it for Broner?

Props: WYNO707X4
May 25, 2009
no way garcia vs judah 2 happens thats just stupid! supposedly the fight was pretty much done and signed its a high demand it will happen.

Garcia-Matthysse Likely Moving From September 7 Date

Article Link - Garcia-Matthysse Likely Moving From September 7 Date
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

NEW YORK — Negotiations for the highly anticipated Danny Garcia-Lucas Matthysse fight are ongoing, but their WBC 140-pound championship match might not be scheduled for Sept. 7, as originally planned.

“I’m looking at a different date,” promoter Richard Schaefer said Thursday. “We’ll see what we’re going to do.”

The site of the fight hasn’t been determined, either. It initially appeared headed to Verizon Center in Washington, D.C., when making a doubleheader out of bouts between Philadelphia’s Garcia (26-0, 15 KOs) and Argentina’s Matthysse (34-2, 32 KOs) and Washington native Lamont Peterson (31-2-1, 16 KOs) and Las Vegas’ Zab Judah (42-8, 29 KOs, 2 NC) was a possibility.

That site made less sense once it became clear a Peterson-Judah fight would not be made. A venue in the Los Angeles area also was mentioned as a possibility for Garcia-Matthysse on Sept. 7, but popular Mexican middleweight contender Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32 KOs, 1 NC) will box Brian Vera (23-6, 14 KOs), of Austin, Texas, on Sept. 7 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Chavez is a draw at the gate and on television for HBO, so moving Garcia-Matthysse, which will be broadcast by Showtime, to another date makes sense for numerous reasons. Though the date hasn’t been determined, Schaefer seemed confident after the Paulie Malignaggi-Adrien Broner news conference Thursday at Barclays Center that the Garcia-Matthysse match will be made.

“It’s looking good, but I’m not done yet,” said Schaefer, chief executive officer for Golden Boy Promotions, which represents Garcia and Matthysse. “When you make those big fights, you need to work on it, get people on the same page, go a little bit, take a little step back, then go again. I’m in the process, but I would hope within the next week or so I have something to announce.”

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Please, close or not, Floyd lost and hh knows it thats why he granted the rematch, case closed. And hell yeah I would watch Paulie vs Floyd, floyds fights are boring but just imagine the promo to this one? I'm actually watching tonights fight cuz of paulie, who's watching it for Broner?
Well a few of us just disagreed with u about that fight so feel how u feel homie. Also strongly disagree with u about Floyd fights as well. But then again I am a Floyd fan and u hate Floyd so that explains that. Last thing is I am watching tonights fight strictly for Broner the next big thing in boxing! Guess me and u and on opposite sides of the spectrum when it comes to this boxing thang. Got Em!!

Anyone hearing rumors of Garcia vs Judah 2 in October? If true thats the biggest duck in a long time! Matthysse really got him shook that bad?! Hope not.
Oh I told u from day one this fight wont happen. No way is Garcia gonna fight Matthysse. Got Em!!