BOSTON

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2006
Just remember Rice did this in 12 games, then there was a strike...

65 catches, with 22 Touchdows. That's crazy.
yeah i know but i'm just sayin the great things they doing. i wasnt tryin to compare rice or moss cause rice is the best alltime. i just think its amazing still for the simple fact no one ever came close to it really and he's good enough to get in 16 games. Rice wasnt human so he dont count lol. Moss is half human so it half counts

Apr 25, 2002
The thing about Boston is that they are really really great at watching sports and their teams front offices are pretty shrewd, they really know what they're doing.

But I don't know that I could call it a true sports crazy town, athletics is definitely not ingrained in the culture there like other places. Boston's got one of the lowest rates at putting athletes in the pros (NBA, NFL, MLB) of all major metropolitan areas. So either playing sports isn't all that ingrained in the culture or if it is, they really suck at it.

Watching sports, however, different ballgame. Boston's extremely good at that.

Nov 7, 2006
The thing about Boston is that they are really really great at watching sports and their teams front offices are pretty shrewd, they really know what they're doing.

But I don't know that I could call it a true sports crazy town, athletics is definitely not ingrained in the culture there like other places. Boston's got one of the lowest rates at putting athletes in the pros (NBA, NFL, MLB) of all major metropolitan areas. So either playing sports isn't all that ingrained in the culture or if it is, they really suck at it.

Watching sports, however, different ballgame. Boston's extremely good at that.
you literally say this in every boston thrread and i always explain why. if u wanna make it in sports u have to move from boston simply cause we dont have any good schools for athletics. we have good pop warner but thats it and anyone good from there always move to play else where. i've known alot of good athletes and they all moved to play and try to go to college and a couple actually have. some kid that was a TE on my football team was nasty so he moved to play in texas or some shit and now he's on BC which is ironic but still good for him.

and no ones sayin we good at that so stop hatin on my city cause we will laugh u to death lol. but seriously we have a shitload of comics from mass make it big

Apr 25, 2002
and no ones sayin we good at that so stop hatin on my city cause we will laugh u to death
It's not hating it's the truth. If you want to say something like Seattle isn't very good at making warm weather that's not hating, that's the truth.

It's just folks from certain places (the Northwest and the South especially) who aren't lucky enough to have recently won even one championship, let alone 5, take a lot of pride in that fact that there are a disproportionately high amount of our own people out there on these MLB, NFL and NBA fields/courts.

That's where the whole "some places are good at playing, others are good at watching" thing is sourced from. That's what I'd tell all my college buddies from MA who'd give me shit about the Mariners vs. the Red Sox and say things like we don't know about baseball etc, I'd be like "whoa whoa whoa, we put folks in the big leagues at 10x the rate that you guys do, hold on there."

but seriously we have a shitload of comics from mass make it big
Amen to that, 100% true. I once got a list of somebody's 500 best American actors of all time and it had their homestate listed next to their name, and I did a quick little per capita deal with it, and the Northeast, especially Boston & NY, are without a doubt the acting capitals of the US. Hugely disproportionate amount of actors & theatrical performers are from out your way. 100% true.

* Despite the production rate thing, we do thank you guys for Matt Hasselbeck and Lofa Tatupu, both Massachusetts natives and outstanding athletes.