Borderlands 2!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
GameInformer said:
Gearbox Software’s co-op lootfest is back with a host of exciting changes to the first game's addictive formula.

The September issue of Game Informer contains 12 pages of exclusive details and screenshots from Borderlands 2, and outlines the numerous improvements the developer has in store for your return trip to Pandora. Don’t expect just a couple bazillion more guns this time around. Gearbox is introducing new and more diverse environments, smarter and more powerful enemies, and an improved mission system capable of delivering a better story. This and much more will be revealed in the story, as well as our full month of additional online content. The game is set for a release in 2K Games' fiscal year 2013, which begins April 1, 2012, and ends March 31, 2013.

In addition to taking a look at Borderlands 2, the September issue contains an extensive roundup of the games heading to the 3DS this year, plus an in-depth look at how research and development has shaped the creation of some of your favorite era-specific games. We also take a look at the wildly popular I Am 8-Bit art show, and the history of the wildly awful Super Mario Bros. feature film. Plus, find out which holiday game GI readers are most excited about in our revealing survey. The September issue of Game Informer will start arriving in mailboxes in the next few days. In the meantime, check out the full cover below.

Click the cover above to see the full cover.

Fucking excited. The first one was amazing.

Apr 2, 2010
My game got glitched never went back to it again, in the beginning it was fun as fuck though until I had to find this item that was nowhere to be found.
I got stuck in the arena, after you kill everything inside the arena your game automatically saves and the gates are supposed to open again..mine never did so I was stuck inside forever...

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Borderlands 2, successor of the action packed RPG first-person shooter Borderlands by Gearbox Software, will boast a phenomenal 58-hour campaign. Yes, you read that right – 58 hours of content according to Gearbox’s VP of Marketing, Steve Gibson. And that’s just for one of the five character’s available.

In today’s first person shooter market, a 58 hour campaign is extremely impressive to say the least, when the norm in this day and age for this genre is to contain relatively short campaigns consisting of 10-13 hours max, like most AAA titles.

In an interview with GamerZines, Gibson also goes on to say that all of this will be on a PvE system and that the PvP aspect of the game is being scrapped due to it not being popular enough to stick around for the sequel. For those of you who enjoyed the PvP aspect in the Borderlands and wonder why they came to this conclusion, Gibson answers, also detailing what exactly will be taking its place.

It was hardly used, so what we invested in instead was the co-op stuff. Like the “Badass Ranking System” is kind of a measure of stick which says, ‘Look how awesome I’m doing in this world.’ So what we’ve invested in rather than Arena stuff is drop in/drop out split screen co-op, and being able to readjust your quest line a little to match up with other players.

To go into further detail of the Badass Ranking System and how it works, it is essentially a feature that will net you points, or in this case, ‘Badass Points’ which can be converted to Badass Tokens. These points can be gained by doing death-defying feats, or simply Rambo’ing your way through Pandora’s many foes.

When you earn enough tokens, you will be able to permanently unlock stat-boosts for ALL of your characters in your profile. For example, some of these may include having a bigger grenade blast radius or upgrading the amount of damage your weapon deals.

Not only are these permanently unlocked on all the characters to your profile, but they are also stackable to each one, which will make it much easier if you were to start replaying the game on a new character.

For those who are still on the fence on this new feature and would rather not use it, the fine folks at Gearbox has stated that this can be turned off at any time you want to.

Aug 13, 2009
Little more info on it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ass-system-has-infinite-levels-of-progression

Gearbox Software has unveiled Borderlands 2's Badass system, its character-wide progression system with an infinite number of levels.

As you play Borderlands 2 you level up your Badass rank, which is linked to your profile but provides statistical bonuses to all your characters - new and old.

Each time you use a token gained through Badass, the game randomly picks a set of statistics. Then, you decide which statistic to increase. It's all powered by a secret algorithm the developer is keeping close to its chest,
Gearbox chief Randy Picthford, who expects to see long-term players with Badass levels in the thousands, told Eurogamer he believes the system is the first of its kind.

"I don't know of any examples," he said. "There are a couple of games that have done profile levelling. Even Call of Duty multiplayer, your growth is profile related, not character related, but they don't have character choices. You're not growing characters.

"And I haven't seen one that's comfortable with infini-growth. Everything puts a cap onto it."
Using data based on how Borderlands 1 players played the game some two-and-a-half years after launch, Gearbox is able to extrapolate how players will play the sequel two-and-a-half years after it launches, and use mathematical models to predict how the Badass system will evolve.

It's all part of Gearbox's effort to create a hobby with Borderlands 2, something players continue to play for years.
"Borderlands was a weird thing in the sense that, a lot of games are designed to be a story you consume and then you're done," Pitchford said. "Whereas Borderlands was this thing that launched and then both in sales and in playtime it kept accelerating, instead of just launching big and then dropping off."

Borderlands 2's expected enduring popularity should enable Gearbox to make a "really big investment" in downloadable content, much in the same way it did with Borderlands 1.

There's also the issue of value, Pitchford added. He hopes that by creating a game that, technically, will last players forever, they will feel they're getting value for money.

"They got to take a risk. They've got to spend some money. They've got to buy a game. And I want them to feel like, man, the value I'm getting out of this, it's not only worth the $60 or whatever, I'm getting more value out of this than the last $500 I spent on other video games. We want that goodwill.

"So we're thinking about it like a hobby and not like just a consumable, get it done and get ready to buy your next game."

May 4, 2002
funny how this game starts out like fallout NV where the robot is digging.

this game looks amazing on my 60in tv, but i did notice some pics in the backround being distorted.

May 4, 2002
bought the game but redboxed it just in case i dont like it (so i can get my 60$ back). so far single player is hella boring and ammo is hella limited, it also sucks you cant pick up and save med packs or any other items besides ammo.

Last edited: