books

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
what are some recommended titles?

George Pelecanos: Drama City, Right as Rain, The Turnaround.
I'd describe his as urban noir/crime fiction.

Danial Woodrell: Tomato Red, The ones you do
He writes 'hillbilly noir' fiction. Winters Bone, which i think won an oscar this year, is based on one of his novels.

Also, I don't think I mentioned it in this thread, but Edward Bunker is amazing, he started writing while locked up in San Quentin, and the SF Chronicle eventually gave him a column while he was incarcerated. His fiction is mostly prison and crime stuff (The Animal factory, Dog Eat Dog, Little Boy Blue) but check out Education of a Felon, his autobio, its great.

Another prison author the sicc might like is Danny Martin (In The Hat, The Dishwasher). It reads really fast, and its all criminals doing criminal shit, which I think this audience generally likes.

EDIT: Here's a link to Education of a Felon on amazon.com you can get ut used for $4 plus $3 shipping. It will be a well spent $7, I garnette it.
http://www.amazon.com/Education-Fel...0769/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298161736&sr=8-1