BLAST HOLIDAY

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 4, 2011
Blast is my favorite rapper that came out of Oakland in the 2010s. His discography is hit and miss but he got some good projects, his features are always dope. A lot of his best songs/videos never ended up on his mixtapes/albums... the director he fucked with most of the time (Jayswetwork) closed his youtube channel so a lot of Blast's material is gone.

His most lyrical project was M.A.S.S.E.R.A.T.I, skip the Mixtape Mob version and cop this one:

Blast Holiday - M.a.s.s.e.r.a.t.i Hosted by Chris Mixx // Free Mixtape @ DatPiff.com

His best all around projects are Coldest Winter Ever, Voices of the Underworld (Thizzler version) and Bobby Drake Vol. 2. If you fuck with L'z you should also check out the Conversations mixtape he did with Blast.

EDIT: the song you posted is off the Dragon Slayer mixtape, its a hit or miss project but there's some dope songs on it.

Last edited:

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Blast is my favorite rapper that came out of Oakland in the 2010s. His discography is hit and miss but he got some good projects, his features are always dope. A lot of his best songs/videos never ended up on his mixtapes/albums... the director he fucked with most of the time (Jayswetwork) closed his youtube channel so a lot of Blast's material is gone.

His most lyrical project was M.A.S.S.E.R.A.T.I, skip the Mixtape Mob version and cop this one:

Blast Holiday - M.a.s.s.e.r.a.t.i Hosted by Chris Mixx // Free Mixtape @ DatPiff.com

His best all around projects are Coldest Winter Ever, Voices of the Underworld (Thizzler version) and Bobby Drake Vol. 2. If you fuck with L'z you should also check out the Conversations mixtape he did with Blast.

EDIT: the song you posted is off the Dragon Slayer mixtape, its a hit or miss project but there's some dope songs on it.
c/s all this, hopefully when he gets out he wont miss a step. damn i didnt notice jaywetworks page is gone, is he done directing?

May 5, 2002
Food for thought..
Compared to the 90s and very early 2000s, it seems like rappers (didn't say musicians) nowadays put out or remix or mixtape (whatever you wanna call it) so many songs that its impossible not to have a few "good" songs or features but it doesn't mean the rapper is good enough to carry a traditional 10-15 track original album. I can't stand that the law of averages/probability is now apart of music. It used to be an every 2 or 3 year wait for a good original CD now its every 6months shit is gettin put out. And we all know RAPPING ain't any easier now than it was back then. Not everyone is Pac, but let the mixtapes talk and it says otherwise

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
you gotta remember dode is a big time jabroni, i dont think he interacts with regular bay rap fans on the regular.

DODE

Sicc OG
Dec 30, 2011
you gotta remember dode is a big time jabroni, i dont think he interacts with regular bay rap fans on the regular.
i listen to a ton of bay rap, my ipod is 80% bay rap if not more. and some of my friends are on the same page, but no, most people i interact with dont even like bay rap that much, and judging by how shitty its been in the last few years i see why.
blast holiday,a-wax, and very few others are keeping the bay alive. FACT.

Dec 23, 2011
i listen to a ton of bay rap, my ipod is 80% bay rap if not more. and some of my friends are on the same page, but no, most people i interact with dont even like bay rap that much, and judging by how shitty its been in the last few years i see why.
blast holiday,a-wax, and very few others are keeping the bay alive. FACT.
and yet the bay still puts out better music than any other region now days imo but i agree its been weak the past couple years

DODE

Sicc OG
Dec 30, 2011
bay rap was the best rap out for a long time, then it fell off, then it had a chance to shine again and kinda came back, then fell off again. now its hit or miss. most albums i've heard were poor. only a few i actually can say were honestly good.