Black Swan

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2006
I watched it a few hours ago. the lesbian scene with natalie portman and mila kunis was hot. Not a bad movie. Figured out the twist early on but it didnt ruin it.

I watched the fountain right after to see what other flicks darren aranofsky has put out since ive alrwady seen requiem.

Jun 9, 2007
I watched it a few hours ago. the lesbian scene with natalie portman and mila kunis was hot. Not a bad movie. Figured out the twist early on but it didnt ruin it.

I watched the fountain right after to see what other flicks darren aranofsky has put out since ive alrwady seen requiem.
The Fountain was OK but it's my least favorite of all his films.

Be sure to check out Pi and The Wrestler if you haven't seen them..

gonna be checkin Black Swan out later today or tomorrow.

Feb 14, 2006
SPOILERS:

That she was fighting herself the entire time to "break out" of her shell. There was no rivalry and it was all in her head. But that wasnt made completely clear until about the last few min.
To me, that was a twist. But thats how I interpreted it.

When she ripped her skin off her finger in the bathroom, and she took a 2nd look, her skin was still there. The way I perceived that was her way of trying to dig underneath her exterior and reach that dark side. A multiple personality type of thing. She couldnt embody the "black swan" being the frigid girl she was her whole life because it involved seduction. Like her nutso mom was saying, "youre sick, this role is taking over you". Or some shit, it aint verbatim but you get it lol.

Feb 14, 2006
The Fountain was OK but it's my least favorite of all his films.

Be sure to check out Pi and The Wrestler if you haven't seen them..

gonna be checkin Black Swan out later today or tomorrow.
At first I didnt even understand what the hell was going on in Fountain. lol. Dude floating in a fucking snowglobe and chewing on tree bark. I shoulda read the plot before i viewed.

Pi in my torrents right now. Good lookin out, man. Seen the wrestler, shit I forgot he was behind that one. Good movie, too.

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
More SPOILERS BELOW. Please ignore post unless you've seen Black Swan.

SPOILERS:

That she was fighting herself the entire time to "break out" of her shell. There was no rivalry and it was all in her head. But that wasnt made completely clear until about the last few min.
To me, that was a twist. But thats how I interpreted it.

When she ripped her skin off her finger in the bathroom, and she took a 2nd look, her skin was still there. The way I perceived that was her way of trying to dig underneath her exterior and reach that dark side. A multiple personality type of thing. She couldnt embody the "black swan" being the frigid girl she was her whole life because it involved seduction. Like her nutso mom was saying, "youre sick, this role is taking over you". Or some shit, it aint verbatim but you get it lol.
I didn't see any of this as a twist. I mean, we knew all along that she had an internal struggle, and we knew that she was hallucinating pretty early on in the movie. It really only became a question of "which parts really happened and which were hallucinations?" near the end. Because the line between fantasy and reality began blurring as the movie progressed more and more. So, for instance, when the dressing room scene between Portman and Kunis happened, the audience wasn't sure if she had actually been driven to kill another or if that too was a hallucination.

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
At first I didnt even understand what the hell was going on in Fountain. lol. Dude floating in a fucking snowglobe and chewing on tree bark. I shoulda read the plot before i viewed.

Pi in my torrents right now. Good lookin out, man. Seen the wrestler, shit I forgot he was behind that one. Good movie, too.
He's also making the new Wolverine movie.

Jul 27, 2009
just watched this. damn this is a great film. Definately top 5 of this year

that shit with her nails was bugging the hell outta me. little stuff like that just gets to me

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I borrowed it from the internet a few days ago and will be watching it either tomorrow or Wednesday on one of my days off. I've heard nothing but good things about it and I've wanted to see it for awhile now.

I want to bang Mila Kunis. Sorry it wouldn't be me if I didn't say that right now.

Dec 9, 2005
Ended up watching this tonight. Thought it was a pretty cool flick.

Great acting in this film. The score was dope, complemented the visuals perfectly. Don't want to post any spoilers, but this definitely was not a "feel good" movie. I actually went to the movies to watch Love and Other Drugs, so was expecting to see a romantic comedy, not a psychological thriller. lol

PS Mila Kunis is ridiculously hot.

Nov 4, 2002
"I borrowed it from the internet" lol good shit

Very solid movie, more psychological than thriller, great score and acting. Natalie Portman went beastin in that role, Best Actress no doubt...

Elemenno

F.W.A.H.R.L.D.
Feb 28, 2009
**spoiler (kinda)**

Just finished watching it. thought it was really good. I really felt the movie had a lot of elements from his previous work rapped up into this one film. The camera angles, especially in the first 3rd of the film reminded me of Pi quite a bit as well as the scene with the old guy on the subway. At times the intensity of this film matched requiem for a dream but never to that extreme. And the end was in the same vein as the wrestler. Definitely a good movie.