Bjork

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 19, 2006
Kavie your cool man, i respect you for reaching out for sure. Sometimes i got on here late and write stupid ass shit. My bad. You should checkout some of those people i listed, i think you would really enjoy some of them. Alot of that music changed my life. On the subject of these musicians being obscure, their really not. Im no renaissance man, and i dont claim to be. And white devil, "SOME OLD OVERHYPED GENRE INSIGNIFICANT GENRE". WOW.... That is simply some ignorant shit. I took a look at your sig. Hmm she is obviously influenced by Leo Kottke and John Fahey, and all the way down to doc watson and chet atkins, except they are far better. But they are just part of some old OVERHYPED genre right? I think a musician such as the woman in her sig would laugh at such fucking stupidity.

Ali Akbar Khan : A maestro of the sarod. In india he is considered arguably the greatest indian musician ever. Still today, he is recieved in india with more than great appreciation. HE IS NOT OBSCURE. He and Ravi shankar came to America in the 60's and are completely responsible giving Classical Indian music to the hippie generation. Ravi shankar even played at woodstock... he even gave george harrison sitar lesson's for a small time.. hmm...

T-bone Walker: He layed the foundation of electric guitar blues. Without him, their would be no jimi hendrix. Simply. He was one of the first artist's to merge jazz and blues perfectly.

Staple Singers: One of the greatest gospel groups ever, and then they returned in the 70's and late 60's to make fantastic more funky, soul music previously under curtis mayfield's stax label. They had numerous top 10 hits.

Blind Willie Johnson : One of the earliest acoustic slide players, and one of the best. His music is some of the most powerful music than can be heard imo. Gospel musicians are still today inspired by his playing ability and also his haunted voice. try listening to the song "soul of a man" or "Dark was the night, Cold was the ground" . They made a movie about him pretty recently and also skip james. Martin Scorsese was the producer. Its under the blue's series he did. hmm...

Mississippi John hurt: One of the best acoustic blues fingerpickers ever. Masses of young acoustic guitarists were playing his songs in the sixties, off of one small record he did in 1928, in his hometown of Avalon Mississippi. They found him, and he went on numerous tours throughout the sixties and is considered a guitar legend.

Tommy Johnson: Probably the most obscure person i listed. An absolute genius at guitar and singing. Grew up playing with son house. And robert johnson lived right nearby. Except he was shitting in diapers when they were playing. Without them, robert johnson's music would simply not exist.

Dec 25, 2003
You should checkout some of those people i listed, i think you would really enjoy some of them. Alot of that music changed my life.
See this is the tip you should have came on instead of you are fags/poopoo heads and you dont know x unknown ass musician that I do...

Im no renaissance man, and i dont claim to be.
Coulda fooled me

And white devil, "SOME OLD OVERHYPED GENRE INSIGNIFICANT GENRE". WOW.... That is simply some ignorant shit.
Out of pocket, ignoramus statement maybe? Deja Vu?

Nah its all good my dude I understand you just tryna get some respect for those who laid the foundation of much of our modern music. But you came out sounding hella snobbish. Its all good though. This is an internet message board.

lol

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Any suggestions for similar stuff???? Besides Bjork... i've been sleepin on this kind of music.
Dummy is awesome, tho. I like every single song, Glory Box is THE SHIT to me (no homo).
Some suggestions would be really appreciated !!!
You might like Denali. Just myspace their name to check out some stuff. Myspace is fucking up right now so I can't get a direct link.

May 4, 2002
bjork is dope..music is music...she got slaps...sometimes she be on some wierd shit..but she is from ICELAND..lol