Bitcoins

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
This is just the same. No one can just create their own currency out of thin air the way these are being created. To be a currency something has to be able to be used a store of value and a medium of exchange.

First, something that can go from $1000 to $20,000 in matter of months and then back down to $6000 cannot possibly be used as a store of value, way too volatile. Bitcoin (and any other crypto currencies) fail completely on that alone.

Secondly, to be a currency it has also to be used as a medium of exchange. None of them are. The only reason anybody buys a crypto currency is because think they will be able to sell it to someone else for a higher price. Textbook definite of a bubble, same as tulips, same as tech stocks in 00.

Finally - the USD is valuable and the Syrian Dinar isn’t because the USD is guaranteed by the US Gov who has assets and raises taxes. Crypto currencies fail on that as well.
Complete house of cards.

You’re just betting on black and hoping it doesn’t come up red.
Id use crypto for payments right now if it were more widely accepted. Some guy paid me for a feature the other day from europe. I told him i accept btc, eth and ltc :siccness:

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
This is just the same. No one can just create their own currency out of thin air the way these are being created. To be a currency something has to be able to be used a store of value and a medium of exchange.

First, something that can go from $1000 to $20,000 in matter of months and then back down to $6000 cannot possibly be used as a store of value, way too volatile. Bitcoin (and any other crypto currencies) fail completely on that alone.

Secondly, to be a currency it has also to be used as a medium of exchange. None of them are. The only reason anybody buys a crypto currency is because think they will be able to sell it to someone else for a higher price. Textbook definite of a bubble, same as tulips, same as tech stocks in 00.

Finally - the USD is valuable and the Syrian Dinar isn’t because the USD is guaranteed by the US Gov who has assets and raises taxes. Crypto currencies fail on that as well.
Complete house of cards.

You’re just betting on black and hoping it doesn’t come up red.
It's beyond currency now. I'm talking about blockchain technology. Even SEC guys are comparing it to how revolutionary the cell phone was. They get that even if they don't understand the tech.

This shit isn't just currency, think security, databases, voting platforms, medical industry, shipping, etc. blockchain has a utility which is major and revolutionary. I mean look at projects like this:

Blockchain will be everywhere in 5 years and is going to be huge, trust me.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
I was highly critical of this shit when it was 8 USD, 200 USD, without even looking into what it exactly was. I don't throw my money into shit without researching it. I did a lot of research into bitcoin / blockchain when it hit 5000. And I am telling you guys this shit is going to be huge. Even the SEC gets that. They don't want to stifle blockchain technologies and would rather set up ICOs as securities and regulate them. Do you guys realize why Bitcoin price was falling recently? A lot of it had to do with this meeting and thinking the USA would ban bitcoin. Instead the SEC was like "Blockchain is dope yo, let's make sure americans don't get scammed"

Really good news.

Feb 19, 2015
Damn. Sorry to hear that.

I'm not trippin .. Like I said, I'm still up from my initial investment. But I went from like x15 to like x2 in a month.

I started off putting in money I wasn't scared to lose

I'm working with a close investor who's down overall though, and with $ amounts I won't even say (more than u think) .. Not down in SATS, only in USD. but our focus is ICO's 100% right now.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
I'm not trippin .. Like I said, I'm still up from my initial investment. But I went from like x15 to like x2 in a month.

I'm working with a close investor who's down overall though, and with $ amounts I won't even say (more than u think) .. Not down in SATS, only in USD. but our focus is ICO's 100% right now.
If you ain't down in SATS the USD will rebound heavily. Even the Sats will go up if you are holding good coins. Already heading up again.

Apr 11, 2003
Broadbeach, AUSTRALIA
It's beyond currency now. I'm talking about blockchain technology. Even SEC guys are comparing it to how revolutionary the cell phone was. They get that even if they don't understand the tech.

This shit isn't just currency, think security, databases, voting platforms, medical industry, shipping, etc. blockchain has a utility which is major and revolutionary. I mean look at projects like this:

Iryo: Redefining global healthcare - YouTube

No disagreement there re: blockchain, I also think it’s the internet in 1994. But cryptocurrencies and block chain are not synonymous.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
No disagreement there re: blockchain, I also think it’s the internet in 1994. But cryptocurrencies and block chain are not synonymous.
I bet you 80 percent of people invested in this couldn't tell you what the difference is.

But, do you really think Block chain would work without tokens?

Do you understand how block chain works?

What gives the tokens value?

Why is Ethereum so valuable? Why do so many of these ICOs use the Ethereum Platform?

Why not just use a database over blockchain?

Answer these questions and you'll see why it's going no where soon.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
BTW, even with this down market we been in. If you go back and check all the projects I've mentioned in this thread. Even if you started with 1000 USD, you'd have gotten your money into the 5 digits, easy, had you bought when I first mentioned the projects.

XLM alone would have turned 1k into 30 if you sold at 98 cents.

Iryo: Redefining global healthcare - YouTube

Right. Its world changing.

I was highly critical of this shit when it was 8 USD, 200 USD, without even looking into what it exactly was. I don't throw my money into shit without researching it. I did a lot of research into bitcoin / blockchain when it hit 5000. And I am telling you guys this shit is going to be huge. Even the SEC gets that. They don't want to stifle blockchain technologies and would rather set up ICOs as securities and regulate them. Do you guys realize why Bitcoin price was falling recently? A lot of it had to do with this meeting and thinking the USA would ban bitcoin. Instead the SEC was like "Blockchain is dope yo, let's make sure americans don't get scammed"

Really good news.
Best news i heard all year. (but, you fucked up not buying it at 8 bucks) (I fucked up too by not reading Siccness Open forum back when this thread was created. The worst thing is. People were telling me about bitcoin back in 2015 I searched it up. I couldn't understand the shit. And moved on with my life. I even heard of ethereum a few years ago (not sure when exactly). Back then people were talking about it like some small btc alternative coin that you could mine with your graphics card. Once again, didn't take time to understand it and moved on.)

damn... Youll make way more in the long run imo, just wait it out...

And Malki, if you are still in eth. I'd hold that shit right now, not financial advice. Just what I would do.
got to. I'm in for a while, that wont change. I added even more on the dip. I'm just mad I didnt get it when it dipped to around 550.

I bet you 80 percent of people invested in this couldn't tell you what the difference is.

Why is Ethereum so valuable? Why do so many of these ICOs use the Ethereum Platform?

we might not even be at this point right now comparing it to the internet lol

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2003
Broadbeach, AUSTRALIA

I’m certainly no expert but have read two books on the subject, been exposed to both and understand enough to form a informed view. I spent 2 full days in December face to face with the Vinklevoss twins (of Facebook fame, worlds first Bitcoin billionaires, guys behind the futures on the bitcoin on the Chicago Board of Options Exchange) hearing them out on why Bitcoin is a good idea to invest in and how it’s going to go 40x even from these levels. (Edit when it was $15/$16k)

My informed opinion is that Bitcoin value in its current form is zero and same for all the other 1400 cryptos.

And that 80% of people dont know the difference is false, what source didn’t you get that from? Maybe mom and pop day traders but institutional investors know the difference.

Anyway that’s my contribution to the thread, to give a devils advocate view based on my experience.

Last edited:

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
I’m certainly no expert but have read two books on the subject, been exposed to both and understand enough to form a informed view. I also spent 2 full days in December face to face with the Vinklevoss twins (of Facebook fame, worlds first Bitcoin billionaires, guys behind the futures on the bitcoin on the Chicago Board of Options Exchange) hearing them out on why Bitcoin is a good idea to invest in and how it’s going to go 40x even from these levels. (Edit when it was $15/$16k)

My informed opinion is that Bitcoin value in its current form is zero and same for all the other 1400 cryptos.

And the fact that 80% of people dont know the difference is false, what source didn’t ou get that from? Maybe mom and pop day traders but institutional investors know the difference.

Anyway that’s my contribution to the thread, to give a devils advocate view based on my experience.
That stat is pulled out my ass, but it's my interpretation from talking to a variety of people who cannot explain what a blockchain is but can show me they made X amount in crypto. I'm not saying there aren't ppl invested who don't understand the technology, but I am deep in the crypto community right now and I can tell you - most the info on reddit / 4chan / youtube is often wrong or slightly incorrect.

I've touched base with people who are writing the whitepapers, advising ICOs, etc. These people know what they are talking about.

And to be honest, if you think crypto is valueless, but blockchain has value. You don't understand how a blockchain works. Just my two cents.