Billboard Chart Results

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 27, 2009
Imma Tell was played on BET and Leave Me Alone has been on MTV Jams, so Tech's no longer Independent. Good to know.

Exposure doesn't determine "independent-ness," it's just an indication of successful marketing.
An independent record label is a record label operating without the funding of or outside the organizations of the major record labels.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
When Kings Of Crunk came out TVT was an independant label and that album went like 2 or 3 times Plat.....
and if C Bo didnt get the soundscan count you have no argument cuz you cant prove or disprove it either way....

Nov 27, 2007
hahah who gives a fuck now? Lil jon is sick as fuck but no longer relevant. The way tech tours and puts out albums and just the way he hustles is truly independent IMO. And wasnt Kings of Krunk also including the eastside boys so isnt it a group of entertainers rather than an artist?

LoFa

Sicc OG
Jun 26, 2007
I don't have to research shit when the fact that he isn't the highest selling independent artist still stands.

Also, I don't see Kings of Crunk in that BME Discography.
So...

Yea.

"do yo research."
Wow...a topic I can actually speak on with a little bit of knowledge most might not know. I feel special...

I would like to agree Kirby, but Lil' Jon's had major label backing forever. Yes, he's released a couple albums on the indy tip(TVT), but the albums WERE funded by major labels. That includes marketing/promo/airplay w/e the fuck. He was distributed nationally by Universal. They were originally released on TVT soley, then the albums started selling in the south. Universal picked up on it and helped flip the albums nationally along with TVT but it wasn't an offical joint deal or anything...Just two seperate entities trusting each other.

TVT was a pretty big INDY label, yes, but still didn't have the amount of resources to get this ONE artist all the attention he ended up recieving. No independent label could EVER compete with the majors and bitch-slap payola like that. After he blew up...he ended up leaving TVT and was officially being backed my Universal..as was his label he created. TVT let him go because of the mutual agreement they had with Universal..and that was that if the Lil Jon experiment worked, TVT would receive a lot of the sales Universal helped create. I was always under the impression TVT figured Lil' Jon would fizzle anyway...and they wouldn't be able to make much more money off of him.

Universal = the reason TVT was the number one grossing independent label during that time period and many people fail to realize that because it's not really documented. It was more of an under-the-table kind of thing.

How do I know this? Well...Oddly enough...I bullshit you not(which is why I feel special for knowing this), one member of Lil' Jon's entourage, who was actually one of the people that ended up being designated the task of laying a foundation for Lil' Jon's sub-label on Universal, ended up leaving that whole thing awhile back and opened up his own studio/started his own music get-up this year. What's crazy is...before I knew who we was or anything...I became cool with him and now I often hit up that studio to work on my music and kick it.

We actually became very good friends too which is crazy. The dude's always quick to give all the artists he's now working with his input on how to pimp the music industry...and he often molds many of his methods after what TVT/Lil' Jon were able to do. Shit's too crazy.

But...technically...you can say Lil' Jon was independent and did this all on his own since it's not out there blatantly for the public to see(unless you know who to ask)...but it actuality he didn't...hence why billboard says what they say about Tech Also, best believe the RIAA is aware of the label situations..ecspeically THAT one, because..despite what we all think...they take the whole album/artist certification thing VERY seriously.

Oct 16, 2006
I know next to nothing and wont claim to about the Lil' Jon/TVT/Universal deal.. props for the informative read nonethless..

ECF'NW.

Feb 17, 2006
i have seen one link in here to a wiki page lol... you guys are arguing with hearsay and no evidence... anyone got a link to a worthy source that can speak on it? cuz otherwise you guys can say whatever the fuck you want.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
Word @ that informative read. Thanks for sharing that info.

On another note, I lol'd at TRT9.

Billboards is soo fucking RIGGED!!!! Ok looked some shit up Tech should be #2 Rap(not 3). #3Hiphop/R&B(Not 7!) #7 Digital (Not 16!!!!)
so he should be #1,#2,#3,#7,#14...not #1,#3,#7,#14,#16....and Billboards does change there results based on how new it is (BUt since this is new they should be moving him Up not down!)

-Just more hate from the Industry....
OMG BILLBOARD CHANGED THE NUMBERS JUST TO FUCK WITH TECH!!!!!!!

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Seems Demons has made it's way onto the Billboard "Heatseekers Songs" chart at #41. It's only the second song to make a Billboard chart. Here Comes Tecca Nina made... #40 on the Rhythmic Top 40 years ago.

EDIT:
Chart Description said:
The week's most popular songs across all formats by new or developing acts, defined as those who have never appeared as a lead artist in the top 50 of the Billboard Hot 100 (or the top 50 of Radio Songs prior to Dec. 5, 1998). If a title reaches top 50 of the Billboard Hot 100, it and the act's subsequent songs are then ineligible to appear on Heatseekers Songs. Titles are ranked by radio airplay audience impressions as measured by Nielsen BDS, sales data as compiled by Nielsen SoundScan and streaming activity data provided by online music sources.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
erm....does that mean it's getting radio play somewhere??
I doubt it:

Titles are ranked by radio airplay audience impressions as measured by Nielsen BDS, sales data as compiled by Nielsen SoundScan and streaming activity data provided by online music sources.
My guess would be that it's there because of people buying/listening online for the Three 6 feature.