Billboard Chart Results

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 20, 2006
I dont know if someone posted this already but here it is.
#1 Independent Album
#14 Billboard 200
#7 R&B/Hip-Hop Albums
#16 Digital Albums
#3 Rap Albums

Jul 4, 2009
pasted from the site
ONCE AGAIN TECH N9NE HAS #1 INDEPENDENT ALBUM IN THE COUNTRY!

(Kansas City, MO - November 2009) – Add another T.K.O. to TECH N9NE’s scorecard. The Billboard Chart results are in after K.O.D.’s first week of release: #1 Indie Album, #2 Rap Album, #14 in Top 200, #16 iTunes Album Overall. Complementing TECH N9NE’s audio attack is an equally impressive visual assault: After an Oct. 27 All Day Premiere, Tech’s “Leave Me Alone” video is currently #1 on MTV University and was recently added to rotation on MTV JAMS.

With memorable features from Academy Award winners Three 6 Mafia, Strange affiliates Krizz Kaliko, Brotha Lynch Hung and Kutt Calhoun, K.O.D. allows TECH N9NE to paint the most vivid pictures he’s ever attempted. Powered by tracks like “Leave Me Alone” and “Show Me A God,” K.O.D. is a cathartic masterpiece offering his most personal songs yet.

Media outlets are also weighing in on the album and the reviews are outstanding. HipHopDX.com raves, “[K.O.D.] is dark and at times eerie but it’s honest and [TECH N9NE’s] lyrical abilities are still top notch,” and commends the rapper: “TECH N9NE is as technical as any emcee alive is. He can do anything he wants with his flow, voice and lyrics.” The site hails “Show Me a God” as “absolutely brilliant,” and about “Blackened the Sun,” it boasts, “From the beat to the chorus, and the lyrics, TECH shines.”

Another example of how TECH N9NE consistently pairs hard work with innovation and raw talent, on Nov. 7, TECH N9NE and SUBJEKT (subjekt.com) will debut TECH N9NE’s own, limited edition, series of earphones. Ruffian Skull Limited Edition Tech N9ne Series Earphones in Black Nickel are packaged in a coffin-style box and boast a skull on the back of each earbud. Even the making of the wires takes into consideration the TECH N9NE fan: The red and black cords are braided.

Transforming his passion and pain into creative product for his ever-growing fanbase, TECH N9NE continues to reach new heights and career benchmarks. In 2008, he surpassed 1 million collective units SoundScanned, making him the most successful independent Hip-Hop artist in history.

Catch TECH N9NE and the rest of Strange Music on the K.O.D. Tour 2009. For more information, visit therealtechn9ne.com

TECH N9NE RELEASES K.O.D. OCTOBER 27, 2009

FEAT. THREE 6 MAFIA, KRIZZ KALIKO, BROTHA LYNCH HUNG, KUTT CALHOUN & MORE

(Kansas City, MO - October 2009) – TECH N9NE prepared his fans for his current masterpiece, K.O.D. when he dropped Sickology 101, the hottest collaboration album of the year. He announced the farewell of the TECH N9NE everyone had known. His music was getting darker, and this, he explained, was his specialty. On Oct. 27, the new TECH N9NE arrives.

With memorable features from Academy Award winners Three 6 Mafia, Strange affiliates Krizz Kaliko, Brotha Lynch Hung and Kutt Calhoun, K.O.D. allows TECH N9NE to paint the most vivid pictures he’s ever attempted. Powered by tracks like “Show Me A God” and “Leave Me Alone,” it may be his most personal collection of songs yet.

“I’ve seen so much pain recently,” TECH N9NE divulges, “so many dark things. I had to take those experiences and make something beautiful out of them. I couldn’t let myself fall into that hole with no chance of getting out.”

It was a deep despair that, regardless of his success, TECH N9NE could not shake. While touring, appearing on TV and acknowledging his support from an ever-growing fan base, his mother was waging war with her health. It’s these intimate battles that pushed his music to new corners – that helped him climb out of the hole and release his anger and pain on the tracks of K.O.D.

“I know people are feeling some of the same things I am,” TECH N9NE confesses, “and maybe this will let them see that everyone has those dark things they go through. Everyone can face them and be stronger in the end.”

Boasting a career most rappers strive for, TECH N9NE has consistently proved himself to be one of the hardest working entertainers in the game. In 2008, he reaped the rewards of his tireless efforts: He SoundScanned over 1 million units, making him the most successful Independent Hip-Hop artist in history.

With hits like “I’m A Playa,” “Caribou Lou” (which boasts 7.2 million MySpace plays), “Riotmaker,” “Like Yeah” and “Everybody Move,” it’s no wonder he counts a total of over 4.5 million YouTube video plays and an average of 40,000 MySpace visitors each day.

Catch TECH N9NE and the rest of Strange Music on the K.O.D. Tour 2009. For more information, visit therealtechn9ne.com.

0 Comments

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Imma Tell was played on BET and Leave Me Alone has been on MTV Jams, so Tech's no longer Independent. Good to know.

Exposure doesn't determine "independent-ness," it's just an indication of successful marketing.

Jul 16, 2008
2002 Kings Of Crunk 2× Platinum

"TVT was recognized by Billboard for each of the five years from 2001 through 2006 as the largest US Independent Label with sales during this period surpassing $50 million a year."
TVT offered Tech a deal way back when........And Lil jon is a major artist Kirby like it or not and C-Bo claims of 3.5 million copies has not be certified by soundscan.....The only Rapper on record as a underground boss is Tech