Big Von Plays "Trick" by E40 & Short more now that 50 is on it.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 16, 2006
"50 as a brand represents economic success"- i wouldent want my name no where near this rat , i dont give a fuck how many albums he sale that nigga cant rap i odnt know one person who listen to e-40 too short -50 cent or kmel .u guys need to quit bitching about the radio stations all the real bay talent is dead now who the fuck listens to the radio anymore but homosexuals and dudes who rock mohawks .fuckin people still prayen to see a bay area rapper on tv
you don't know one person that listen to e-40 or short? shut the fuck up

TaTa

Sicc OG
May 22, 2006
The only time I hear about fifty is when I turn on the radio for a sec to hear whats on. I can only listen for a couple of minutes then I turn it off. Not my taste to hear fruity rap songs. Its a slap in the face to see how NY rappers took over the main stream industry. Its a dame shame, but also good for the people as a whole. I wouldn't want everyone in the World being as original as the Bay is. We different kind of beings, and we keep on pushing for originality in our music, there is no place in the entire world Like the BAY AREA.

Feb 18, 2006
Just got down three threads and you guys are funny. Anyways actin like 50 Cent aint huge! I understand being frustrated that the Bay isnt on like New York or Atlanta, but lets not forget whos on the todem pole here, GRANTED E40 is one hell of a pass to have in the industry, not just the Bay, but even me, a fan whos in the industry, I liked 50 Cent more than I already do just to hear him on that record, and we all should be happy for Big Von and E40, as well as Too Short, that was a monumental move, and for E40 to get radio play with no super power label behind him, again guys monumental moves are being made tight now, and I appreciate 40 Water and 50 Cent breathing life back into Hip Hop, when have you seen a collab like that from the bay to new york happen?????????????????

May 13, 2002
50 isnt selling as much as he would like by himself, so he's getting a colab goin

40 and short probably are not happy either, so they're getting a colab going. they need each other. i just hope that we can get a new artist on the scene on a song like this, someone other than short and 40. no respect to those legends but we need new people to get their name out. sometimes i feel like short and 40 got a radio monolopy on this shit liek if everytime the bay is mentioned 40 and short have to somehow be in the conversation. it's good for them nO

lil b, i don't think too many people are happy with him.
WELL, 40 AND SHORT ARE CAREER ARTIST, NO ONE IS STOPPING NEW AND YOUNGER ARTIST FROM MAKING GOOD MUSIC , IN FACT SHORT IS THE ONE WHY PUT OUT THE PACK (NEW ARTIST)

ALSO KMEL IS A POP STATION NOT A URBAN STATION, SO THEY DONT NEED OR CARE ABOUT LOCAL UNSIGNED ARTIST AND WHT SHOULD THEY

Feb 13, 2004
Thats why Too Short & E-40 say Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiotch.....

Dont know why people hate on 50 tho knowing damn well they all played his shit at a point!
I CAN HONESTLY SAY I NEVER PLAYED HIS WEAK ASS MUZIK. NEVER SPENT A RED CENT ON HIS SHIT. CAN'T STAND DUDE'S VOICE. FOR ONE THING HE SOUNDS SLOW AND RETARDED.

Aug 17, 2002
but younger artists are making good music and i wouldn't really consider the new pack stuff to be good music but to each his own.

but my post wasn't directed at kmel as much as it was against old rappers who benefit from being on a short list of names that got a monopoly on repping the bay to people in other parts of the country.

May 13, 2002
but younger artists are making good music and i wouldn't really consider the new pack stuff to be good music but to each his own.

but my post wasn't directed at kmel as much as it was against old rappers who benefit from being on a short list of names that got a monopoly on repping the bay to people in other parts of the country.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE, THAT SHORT LIST OF OLD RAPPERS ARE CAREER ARTIST SO ITS DIFFERENT PEOPLE DONT LOOK AT THEM AS BAY ARTIST ANYMORE AND HAVENT FOR A LONG TIME, ITS MORE SO THE BAY AND BAY ARTIST USING THEM AS A REFERENCE FOR THERE OWN CAREERS, TOO SHORT HAS 10 GOLD + ALBUMS!! NO ONE ELSE IN RAP MUSIC HAS DONE THAT, SO HE'S WAY BEYOND REPPING THE BAY.

I REALLY THINK THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH BAY ARTIST HAVE IS LACK OF
(Individualism) EVERYONE USES THE SAME PRODUCERS THE SAME FEATURES THE SAME SLANG MOST OF THE TIME, OR WHEN SOMEONE COMES WITH SOMETHING FRESH AND CLEAN LIKE THE TEAM MANY OTHER ARTIST AND PRODUCERS BITE THE STYLE,

AS SOON AS SOMEONE HERE MAKES A HIT SONG HES FEATURED ON EVERYONE ELSES PROJECTS OR THERES A REMIX FEATURING ALL THE OTHER LOCAL STARS OF THE BAY, THEN ALOT OF ARTIST TAKE TOO LONG RELEASING A PROJECT (IF THEY EVER DO AT ALL) THERE IS NO RIGHT OR WRONG TIME TO RELEASE A PROJECT , ITS JUST A PLACE IN TIME THAT YOU CANT GET BACK, SO UNLESS YOUR DR.DRE DONT TRY TO CREATE THE WHEEL

ALSO WHO IN THE BAY HAS GOOD IF ANY MANAGEMENT ? CANT BE TAKEN SERIOUS BY LABLES WITHOUT ONE?