Big Oso Loc - "Bad Newz Bear" Solo album [Free Album Download]

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 28, 2009
i have listened to a lot of homeboy rappers and most of them suck and the ones that dont arent that tight to really listen to. the main reasons why i dont care for homeboy rap are (no particular order):

heavy accent
boring delivery
bad quality
lame production
sounds like some old shit
repetitive
stupid lyrics

with that being said............... there is definitely a market for homeboy rap and if you market yourself as a homeboy rapper than you will get support from this market but thats it. if you step outside that box then you have neglected your fans. its like you cant make homeboy rap and make modern more mainstream music without people talking shit. there are a few homeboy rappers that are homeboys that are dope at rapping that can make more of a variety of music and sound good but i havent seen these few put out much music so they stay in the background. also the homeboy rappers that people keep checking for new shit that aint putshit out in a minute seem to have a demand but i bet if they ever drop some new shit people will ridicule them like everyone else dropping shit so maybe those that quit while theyre ahead are on to something?

no disrespect to anyone on here this is not directed to anyone particular and i apologize if ive offended anyone. the only reason i speak on it is because ive been doing this rap shit since 1998 and i dont get nearly as much exposure as you homeboy rappers and i listen to the shit thats got 100000+ hits on youtube and it makes me wonder wtf who listens to this bullshit, but to each their own. since im being so honest i also wonder who the fuck listens to my music and buys that shit. even my worst tracks imo lol. i post shit up for free and get no hits but im getting them checks from my downloads though :) but its not that much money compared to all of the bullshit ive dealt with over these years so i will be the first to say that this rap shit isnt worth the trouble but we love it so its what we do. but for real if this rap shit dont never crack tune in to my cooking show. lol.

anywho. happy holidays.

DEA 40831

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
i have listened to a lot of homeboy rappers and most of them suck and the ones that dont arent that tight to really listen to. the main reasons why i dont care for homeboy rap are (no particular order):

heavy accent
boring delivery
bad quality
lame production
sounds like some old shit
repetitive
stupid lyrics

with that being said............... there is definitely a market for homeboy rap and if you market yourself as a homeboy rapper than you will get support from this market but thats it. if you step outside that box then you have neglected your fans. its like you cant make homeboy rap and make modern more mainstream music without people talking shit. there are a few homeboy rappers that are homeboys that are dope at rapping that can make more of a variety of music and sound good but i havent seen these few put out much music so they stay in the background. also the homeboy rappers that people keep checking for new shit that aint putshit out in a minute seem to have a demand but i bet if they ever drop some new shit people will ridicule them like everyone else dropping shit so maybe those that quit while theyre ahead are on to something?

no disrespect to anyone on here this is not directed to anyone particular and i apologize if ive offended anyone. the only reason i speak on it is because ive been doing this rap shit since 1998 and i dont get nearly as much exposure as you homeboy rappers and i listen to the shit thats got 100000+ hits on youtube and it makes me wonder wtf who listens to this bullshit, but to each their own. since im being so honest i also wonder who the fuck listens to my music and buys that shit. even my worst tracks imo lol. i post shit up for free and get no hits but im getting them checks from my downloads though :) but its not that much money compared to all of the bullshit ive dealt with over these years so i will be the first to say that this rap shit isnt worth the trouble but we love it so its what we do. but for real if this rap shit dont never crack tune in to my cooking show. lol.

anywho. happy holidays.

DEA 40831
Thanks for making my thread two pages long lol

Feb 13, 2011
B @BigO soLoc
Saying you've been in the rap game for a decade, means nothing in my book. Because it has been about decade since the Internet opened the floodgates to all these "rappers".

Regardless it's good to see you're not angry or overreacting to our opinions, unlike these other artists.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
if theres one thing ive learned in all these years of doin this music thang.. its the fact that its impossible to make everyone happy. I dropped them 114% gangsta mixtapes, i was bangin too much.. I dropped ready for whatever.. i wasnt bangin enough. I dropped inked up and banged out.. all im doin is love jams now. Either im too cholo or im not cholo enough. im doin music with livewire records n now im a mayate lover.. however you wanna look at it.. like my music or not. ive been doin it for over a decade and my fanbase continues to grow everyday. ive never done music to follow a fad. ive done music that i wanted to do. ive never switched up my style to fit in with whatever is new. but i feel ive grown huge as an artist since my first release up to now. a lot agree with me. regardless of what i do, some are gonna feel it and some arent. thats somethin i cant control. my music is awful.. hit n miss, ipod worthy, along the lines of winnie the pooh or care bear.. cant hold down a solo album.. my cd cover is a joke. its all good. i respect everyones opinions. thats wassup.. but Ima keep doin me and makin music that i want to make. wether its banged out or not.. gangsta shit or for the ladiez. ima keep goin in the direction ive been..
Get in where you fit in homes. At the end of the day, this is a business. If this is your career, do what you do to make yourself a successful career as long as you can sleep without a guilty conscious, whatever that looks like to you. I would charge you as a listener though, maybe there is some truth to the negative feedback. You look at an artist like 2Pac that could bust out ambitionz az a ridah, all eyez on me, scandalouz, ratha be ya n.i.g.g.a, California Love etc... All on one album. Those songs are kinda all over the place, but he could pull it off. He was a rare breed though. If people are giving you negative feedback, what is it? If you got more people telling you "Oso, you need to stick to the tracks for the females." Maybe, they got a point? Or if its "Oso, you're a homeboy rapper, stick with that." Maybe that's where you belong? But those are conflicting genres of music and only a few people in the history of hip hop can be versatile like that. You fanbase might be growing, but how big is it really? I'm not coming at you sideways at all, I've always said that I feel like you have as much potential as anyone and you've always treated me with respect so I always give it back, but as a listener I personally feel like I don't see a lot of growth from you as an artist. Flirting with different genres doesn't show growth as much as 2pac making Holla if you hear me, I get around, then making a track like Dear Mama. Best of luck to you.