Big Lurch on bio channel " drugs made me do it"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
I own the Big Lurch album, "It's All Bad." I also ripped that Bio documentary and burned it to a DVD. All day I been playing Big Lurch and my 10 year old son asked me who is that? So I showed him the Mac Dre (R.I.P.) video, Fire.

My son continued to ask me questions due to seeing the pic I have with Mac Dre. Asking me if I ever met Big Lurch, is he still alive. I told him, "He's in Salinas." I saw an interest / curiosity in my son. I explained to him that Big Lurch was an up and coming rapper with a lot of talent. He was on his way to the top at the time etc. I didn't tell him what happened though.

I let it all soak in today being the last day of school & all my son would go out & play with his friends etc. Tomorrow I'll play a little more and in the evening I have plans to show my son the documentary.

Some may say it's too much & they would never do that to a 10 year old, but I'm giving my son a harsh reality tomorrow. When it comes down to it, there are things that come without warning. I rather scare him straight & burst his bubble about Big Lurch now and show him how drugs can destroy anything it it's path.

Nov 14, 2002
I own the Big Lurch album, "It's All Bad." I also ripped that Bio documentary and burned it to a DVD. All day I been playing Big Lurch and my 10 year old son asked me who is that? So I showed him the Mac Dre (R.I.P.) video, Fire.

My son continued to ask me questions due to seeing the pic I have with Mac Dre. Asking me if I ever met Big Lurch, is he still alive. I told him, "He's in Salinas." I saw an interest / curiosity in my son. I explained to him that Big Lurch was an up and coming rapper with a lot of talent. He was on his way to the top at the time etc. I didn't tell him what happened though.

I let it all soak in today being the last day of school & all my son would go out & play with his friends etc. Tomorrow I'll play a little more and in the evening I have plans to show my son the documentary.

Some may say it's too much & they would never do that to a 10 year old, but I'm giving my son a harsh reality tomorrow. When it comes down to it, there are things that come without warning. I rather scare him straight & burst his bubble about Big Lurch now and show him how drugs can destroy anything it it's path.
props to you for breaking it down like that to your 10 year old son.If my 9 year old daughter ask me "what happend to him?" ill just staraight up tell her "he ate somebody up,like really...chewed on her skin and drank her blood. thats what drugs make people do" lol

Apr 25, 2002

i dont know if they still do the D.A.R.E. program at little kids school player, but im sure the Big Lurch video will suffice.

Lindsay Lohan too, breh.

Props: Gemini

One of the best posts I seen on sicness, good shit

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
Destiny is a muthafucka

It's all bad is one of my favorite albums ever

"I did it to you" might be in my top 5 , almost top 3, as hardest songs ever

I tried to sign up to the well foundation but I ain't got Facebook, I wants Tryna build w that nigga big lurch honestly.
I have stories for days about PCP personal and otherwise

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2003
I also go Big Lurch's "Its All Bad" and the Cosmic Slop Shop one as well...... He had talent and a voice that sounded dope exactly like the Adam's Family Lurch, nickname fit him well. Too bad his career was cut short cuz till this day I still slap on his 1st album, classic shit front to back to me. I would have loved another album from Lurch Luciano! "10 toes up, 10 toes down both bodies begin to shake when they nut" hahahaha

Props: Kon1

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013

Man, I been thinkin about this since I read it. Not sure how I feel about it but obviously, each kid is different and each parenting style is different. I remember what you said about showing him Boyz in the Hood for the first time too. It's definitely relative to the area you're in as well. I grew up in Watsonville til I was 11, and in some ways, seeing that and American Me were good for me, in some ways they were terrible, but I didn't have an adult to sit me down and explain the movies to me. I was going off of my 11 year old understanding of it and connected that to what I was seeing on the streets. For my kids, they're with their mom for another 2 months til they come back here with me, but it's like night and day from where I grew up. We live in a predominately white and fairly affluent area near Oklahoma City, nothing like Pennsylvania and Main in Watsonville.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Also, PCP is one of those drugs that you wonder how people try it in their right mind like heroin or meth. You know going down that road usually doesn't end well to say the least.

May 16, 2002
Man, I been thinkin about this since I read it. Not sure how I feel about it but obviously, each kid is different and each parenting style is different. I remember what you said about showing him Boyz in the Hood for the first time too. It's definitely relative to the area you're in as well. I grew up in Watsonville til I was 11, and in some ways, seeing that and American Me were good for me, in some ways they were terrible, but I didn't have an adult to sit me down and explain the movies to me. I was going off of my 11 year old understanding of it and connected that to what I was seeing on the streets. For my kids, they're with their mom for another 2 months til they come back here with me, but it's like night and day from where I grew up. We live in a predominately white and fairly affluent area near Oklahoma City, nothing like Pennsylvania and Main in Watsonville.
Understandable, Bro. You make many valid points in this post.

To bring you up to speed on things. I also sat & watched "Menace II Society" with my son. That honestly was a little iffy in my judgement, but I decided to roll with it. A few months ago my son got into fight and said the other kid was picking on him. My son grew tired and as soon as the other kid tried to put hands on him my son swung. My son was victorious, but when he told me I took him aside in the house (away from from the family) and said, "Remember in Menace II Society when that guy hit's up Kane about his cousin? He didn't wait. He just started fighting. Never wait if you see it's going to go down."

Now, I'm a smart ass and got comebacks for days. I'm pretty fast at it in person & my wife says I have an answer for everything...

My son looked at me & said, "Yeah, dad. That's real smart. That's why they come back & kill him at the end." :dead:

He actually stumped me LOL! I was speechless, but very proud.

This past week we watched the Big Lurch documentary & my son soaked it up like a sponge. I tease him & say shit like, "You want to get high with me? That stuff on T.V. is all fake. It's just weed though. None of that hard stuff."

My son looks & kind of smiles & nods his head like, "Your an idiot."

I over heard him talking to my wife. To not make this any longer...

My plan is working.