BIBLE HISTORY?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 23, 2004
I have become very interested in the history of the bible because it is the basis for all christians, yet I have heard of books being removed as well as part altered or changed, maybe even created. If you look towards the last chapter in revelations it says that anyone who changes the word will be denied the things the bible speaks of.

I also find it suspicious how it pased through europe during the turbulent times like the reformation and inquisition. An all those versions may destort things. I mean these are the same people that send conquistodors that spread the words by killing thousands of innocent non-believers.

Any information( especially from cristians) would be greatly eppreciated. THanks

Apr 25, 2002
comoballer1121 said:
I have become very interested in the history of the bible because it is the basis for all christians, yet I have heard of books being removed as well as part altered or changed, maybe even created. If you look towards the last chapter in revelations it says that anyone who changes the word will be denied the things the bible speaks of.

I also find it suspicious how it pased through europe during the turbulent times like the reformation and inquisition. An all those versions may destort things. I mean these are the same people that send conquistodors that spread the words by killing thousands of innocent non-believers.

Any information( especially from cristians) would be greatly eppreciated. THanks
THATS TRUE...KING JAMES WAS THE FIRST ONE TO TRANSLATE...NOW HE DIDNT SPEAK THE LANGUAGE HIMSELF SO HE HAD SOME PEOPLE TRANSLATE...HE WUS ALSO FAMOUS FOR BEHEADINGS AND BASICALLY BEING A TYRANT...WHOS TO SAY..."HEY I DONT LIKE WHAT THAT SAYS...GO AHEAD AND CHANGE IT TO THIS...AND UH...EY BEHEAD THIS DUDE OVER HERE"...ALSO...ITS BEEN TRANSLATED SO MANY TIMES THAT ITS LOST ITS MEANING COMPARED TO THE ORIGINAL...WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT THOUGH (AS A CHRISTIAN TEMPORARILY SLIPPIN) ITS JUST A MATTER OF CLOSING YOUR EYES AND HOLDING GODS HAND HOPING HE LEADS YOU THE RIGHT WAY...BLIND FAITH...WHEN A CHRISTIAN DECIDES SOMETHING IMPORTANT...HE OR SHE DONT TURN TO THE BIBLE AND DO IT...THEY PRAY AND EXPECT A WISE ANSWER FROM HIM AND FOLLOW IT THROUGH FAITH...NON BELIEVERS SIT THERE AND RESEARCH...BUT WHAT YOU AINT INVOLVED IN...YOU DONT UNDERSTAND...I MYSELF DONT DEPEND ON THE BIBLE...I DEPEND ON THE WORD...TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THINGS...$IDEWAYZ

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Baller,

first of all it is important to understand that the bible was never "one" book....
What we have today is a collection of God "inspired" scriptures.
Look into the bible's canonization period for more info.

Unlike other religious books, the scriptures in the bible weren't written by one person at one time.
They are a collection of scriptures written by different porphets through out time, in different languages.
The early church set up a committee to canonize what they thought were God inspired scriptures, and left out what they "thought" wasn't God inspired.
I've been doing my own research man and I can tell you that I am certain that there are certain books which I feel are "God" inspired that were left out.
So contrary to popular belief, the bible isn't the complete and or pure Word of God.

As far as Revelation is concerned, it is the only book to my knowledge that was recorded word for word directly by John as Jesus instructed. It was meant to be a letter to the original 7 churches, it was basically a warning for them that their end was near.
So when people read the passage where Jesus says that none shall add or take away from the Word, people are misunderstanding it. For two reasons, Jesus was reffering to Revelation specifically. And Jesus is the Word himself. Basically he was warning everyone not to alter his message.
And who hasn't????
Everyone has, American Christians are a good example of those who have altered his Word.
They may have not changed the actual scripture, but they sure as hell have altered "their" interpretation of the Word.
Look at how many of them have rallied behind Bush, just because Bush claims to be Christian.
So when Bush decides to go to war, they support him;
while altering the Word of Christ in order to justify their decision.
They pull out Old Testament passages to justify violence. But they are simply taking the passages out of their context.
This is bullshit man.... Pisses me off....
But oh well, Jesus already gave them the warning so they will have to answer for their wicked ways some day....

Feb 23, 2004
part of my understanding was that the bible was on earth because jesus was not and the people need something like that to guide them. That doesn't really work out if it has been changed so much.

["I would suggest also reading the Quran; a very good book that is very similar to the Bible, and contains many of the same ideas. Over a billion people in the world are Muslim....what do you have to lose?"]

I have infact looked into the quaran but the book has been on hold at the bookstore I go to for some time.

QUESTION FOR MR. TYPCEE:
Don't you have a problem with blind faith? That seems so hard for me to do. The book Im reading describes faith as a risk; choose the wrong one and you won't recieve salvation. To me that is a big risk. Im sure you have reasons for your "blind faith" so please enlighten me. Thanks

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
comoballer1121 said:
part of my understanding was that the bible was on earth because jesus was not and the people need something like that to guide them. That doesn't really work out if it has been changed so much.
There's a lot of misconceptions floating around.
Jesus said "seek and you shall find"....
The wicked are always gonna try to burry the Truth....

As far as the changes go, I assume you speak on the different versions.
There's different translations out there, some are word for word,
and others thought for thought....