Between the Buried & Me- The Great Misdirect

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
For those that find BTBAM to be nothing more then just another band, I'd strongly recommend you watch the Colors Live DVD. I liked them, alot actually. But after watching that video it pretty much sealed the deal that they are definitely one of my favs.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
how can you listen to BTBAM and not be impressed? Especially now with their more listener-friendly approach? I mean you can say you don't like the vocals, I would understand. You can even say the fact they change up the songs left and right just sounds like a patchwork quilt but really I think it's brilliant. BTBAM is one of those few bands you listen to and just never stop listening to. Keep giving them chances, once you finally hear them right, you'll fall in love.

BTW does anyone have any info on the deluxe edition?

http://www.amazon.com/Great-Misdire...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1256269505&sr=8-1

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Wow! Weird I really like Mirros when I first heard it but now it's official....I fucking LOVE that track. Not only is it a great intro but it's an all around great track. I love the fuck out of BTBAM when Tommy is singing his ass off but I almost wish they'd just put out a real soft album.

BTW....

This album is easily my favorite album of 2009....still though doesn't even come close to Colors,.,.,.,.,.Colors Live especially....especially since it's probably my favorite rock album of all time.

BTBAM>Your mothers stink sweaty nasty ghoneria infested pussy

Palmer

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
since were all stealing their hard work, buy their shit, they got some dope merch

http://www.indiemerchstore.com/b/between-the-buried-and-me/
I can't speak for anyone else but I own all their albums on CD, two of the albums also on vinyl, and their Colors live CD/DVD and have seen them once so far.

I'm buying this on CD and vinyl when it finally drops and I'm going to see them again for sure when they come to Seattle for the new album.

I do agree though, people should try their hardest to support the artists they like seeing most of the ones a lot of us dig aren't making Red Hot Chilli Pepper money and can use every sale. Best thing to do is go to a show and by the merch direct from the band. Sadly I've been too busy to hit up many shows lately.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
I own

S/T (Promo for original release)
TSC - Original
TSC - Deluxe Edition w/cover print of 50
ALASKA - Import (color blind)
ANATOMY OF...

Plus plan to pick up the rest of what I don't own eventually.

Odds are not many of us in this thread are actually "stealing" from this band. xD

Oct 10, 2005
to be completely honest, i dont buy cds almost ever anymore unless they are stupid cheap used or they are something i absolutely NEED to have, however, i feel like when i go to shows & buy merch from them, its giving the money directly to them and in a way advertising for them.. thats one thing i really love about the metal industry, the merch is so offensively attractive that its hard not to look at the cool designs on the shirts..

but yea, im sure alot of you are buying the cd/vinyl (ill prolly buy vinyl too), i guess i was just thinking of the day that we live in (where almost no one except for miley cyrus goes platinum) and my habits as far as cd purchases go

newayz, listening to the album right now, big fucking ups for the upload, been searching fort his for a long time & even though i probably will not purchase the album, merch will be bought & rocked thoroughly and i already have seen them a few times live, so i feel like im doing my part

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Officially released this past Tuesday.

I guess the deluxe edition comes with a DVD but I haven't heard whats on it.

This album kicks so much fucking ass it's not even funny. I will need to listen to it a lot more to know if I like like more then Colors but I am definitely not disappointed in this album at all.

BTBAM and Pygmylush are easily my two favorite active bands.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Okay it's been a couple weeks since we got the new album. What are you guy's thoughts? Is it better then Colors?

I have to say that Colors is still better but if I had to pick my 6 favorite songs off the 2 albums 4 of those songs would be off the new album. Yeah that probably doesn't make sense but to me Colors was just so amazing as a whole, easily in my top 3 fav rock albums of all time if not my favorite. I almost feel like the Great Misdirect is missing something, I guess it's probably because I really don't feel the 2nd and 3rd track. They're still better then 90% of the songs other metal bands are putting out but just don't think that high of them for a BTBAM song.

Top 6 songs (between Colors & Great Misdirect)

1.) Sun Of Nothing (Colors)
2.) Viridian (Colors)
3.) Mirrors (TGM)
4.) Fossil Genera - A Feed from Cloud Mountain (TGM)
5.) Desert Of Song (TGM)
6.) Swim to the Moon (TGM)

thoughts....?

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
your list is broken, it doesn't have selkies on it.

i cant really pick favorite btbam albums.

they're all just like chapters.

i mean listen to the s/t and listen to TGM, no way you can even compare the two.

i think colors is better as a whole but i dunno. can i vote for TSC?

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
^ He said between the two albums. Selkies is the only pre-Colors song of theirs I like.

And I like Colors more just because it's cohesive, Misdirect gets too sporadic at times.

Between the two...
1. Prequel to the Sequel
2. White Walls
3. Fossil Genera
4. Ants of the Sky
5. Obfuscation
6. Sun of Nothing