BERNER Re-Evaluation Thread!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 11, 2006
I fucked with him then. I always dug the beats he used. Although I don't check out every project he puts out. I'm gonna check this one out when it drops

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Not my favorite bay rapper but seems genuine and humble. Really cares about Frisco and bay culture. One of the few that actually wants unity and wants everyone to win. Unselfish and looks out for others. Hustler, smart business man. He’s got some good music too
^^^^^

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
I can never overlook his soft voice. I got a kick out of people taking him off the drought season albums/cover and I thought he bought his way into the game by giving people free weed, but look at him now. There's no denying the results of his work. He seems pretty humble....a lot more than a lot of folks would be if they reached the level he's at financially. The 20 something pothead white boys LOVE him...he pretty much has Andre Nickatina's old following and then some. I also like how he's kept his bot Stinje close. He goes to the same dentist I do. I wanted to say what's up and tell him I remember him posting on the Siccness back in the day (then get ready to duck lol)

Mar 25, 2005
I THOUGHT HE WAS JUST ANOTHER SICCNESS RAPPER BACK WHEN HE USED TO POST...LIKE CRAZIE LOCS AND FLAME LOL

I BEEN FUCKIN WITH HIS MUSIC OVER THE LAST FEW YEARS JUST ON THE STRENGTH THAT I FEEL ITS HUSTLERS MUSIC....HES ALWAYS HAD DOPE BEATS AND TO THIS POINT HE MAY BE A MEDIOCRE RAPPPER NOW HAHA BUT I DONT LISTEN TO THE LYRICS AS MUCH AS THE DOPE BEATS, FEATURES AND VISION OF HOW FAR HES CAME...

HES REALLY DOING BIG SHIT AS A SELF MADE BUSINESS MAN YOU CANT REALLY HATE ON THAT IN ANY WAY....

Apr 25, 2002
I don’t think you can knock the hustle but for me the music never did it. Also with the Nickatina comparisons, I saw Berner open up in the city for some big acts and the crowd was not into it at all which says about all you need to know and that’s not Nickatina status. But I’m also not one to go out brutally dissing a dudes music, particularly that seems like an alright person.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
I don’t think you can knock the hustle but for me the music never did it. Also with the Nickatina comparisons, I saw Berner open up in the city for some big acts and the crowd was not into it at all which says about all you need to know and that’s not Nickatina status..
as far as live shows go, no comparison at all. I'm just talking about number of fans and their demographic. I should have clarified because you're right...it would be an insult to Dre Dog compare their shows

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
I only like old Berner with stoner beats and underground features.

When he tried to act like a cokelord then a pimp I tuned out. Now that he’s very popular his music is attempting to mimic mainstream so much I don’t like it (or b real or young dolph or camron or who ever he raps with next) but I will check out the El pescado, s storch can produce fasho.

eMDe

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Bern been evolving since day 1. I remember fools hating on him hard back in the day, but he took it on the chin and kept pushin.

I hope he never retires cus he's been keeping it G since 2000.

:siccness::cheers: