Beat Jacking! Once again, anyone else?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 22, 2004
So today a guy I sell tracks to in AZ told me he heard a beat on Juice from (black wall street) myspace page that I did.
I did some research and it's like one of his singles for is BWS release....
Problem is, I never even met dude or slid him a beat disc or anything. So I hit one of my boys who knows him and he said he'll find out what the deal is, but on a side note, said this cat from Spokane was trying to sell him beats and one of them was mine! So he jammed him up and dude admitted to it.
Funny thing is this like the 3rd - 4th time this shit happened, people out here just pretending to be producers/beat makers whatever. I'm just wondering why a person who really wants to be in the game would say they made something they didnt. What are you gonna do when someone wants the session to mix or wants you to come get down in the studio??
To a person like me our credit for the track means more than the money...
I guess I finally have to start tagging my tracks.
This happened to me with the C-Bo album last year too!
I usually don't send snips out to just anyone, but I guess my screening process failed me! lol

So if you're an imposter - FUCK YOU!!!

Feb 19, 2008
i would never do that shit...but i did jack beats just to spit on them....to see how they would sound....from myspace lol

on a sidenote that track vince did was tight i forgot the name its on money 2 burn i think track 7

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Yeah cant be sending beat tapes to anyone...I know Eiht, Was trying to be on some sneaky shit with my boy. Eiht had just took Chills hard drive and used beats for that lynch/eiht album the ones that say produced by eiht are chills (eiht dont make beats..he got clowned way back in the day when he did) So anyways I think this was during Blue Carpet album, My boy was like yeah lets meet up with snoop, cause him and Goldie loc said snoop would want some beats of his. So the day they suppose to meet up My boy calls up and was like is Snoop there? they say no he is on his way but you can come over and Goldie will load up the tracks..my boy was like cool Im on my way...and didnt go..haha. Alot of these rappers aint trying to pay for beats It was a hassle to get the money owed from the thuglords album for my boy. My boy hooks up with all sorts of rappers both famous an not famous...they always try and get a copy of some beats, talking about the big budget check on the way..my boy always says when it comes in just give me a call. Also if you aint got no money there really aint nothing to talk to...he dont give a fuck about credit on an album( when rappers try the old.. we will rap on your beats and you will get noticed)...just pay me

MALKI

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
yea i got some of by beats on soundclick i figure someone will jack them sooner or later. if your a producer its gon happen. especially if you dope which u are

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
Happened to me as well.

The most memorable is when one of my good friends bought the JT & Juvenile compilation a few years back and called me like "Ummm....Did u know u had a beat on this?" I didn't even have production credit on it. Fuckin' classy.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
nice beats,
too bad for the beat jacking,
-------

what are some ways to prevent that?

i hear a lot about beatjacking these days
Tag the fuck out of your beats and put them in places where they can't possibly be cut, chopped and looped. Don't pass out snippit cd's, don't fuck with hella people, keep your beats in a vault, stand 20 guards outside of your studio.

Mar 22, 2004
On the C-Bo album the song was called "in the trunk" they were using it for the commercial for the album as well, lol
Thing is I don't really trip off the money I could've made for the track more than the album credit.
To be honest people aint payin much for beats these days anyways.
But the credit can get me 10-20 new people that want tracks.
Especially when it's some one like C-Bo or someone with a nice buzz.

Dec 2, 2006
always put tags every couple bars.

So today a guy I sell tracks to in AZ told me he heard a beat on Juice from (black wall street) myspace page that I did.
I did some research and it's like one of his singles for is BWS release....
Problem is, I never even met dude or slid him a beat disc or anything. So I hit one of my boys who knows him and he said he'll find out what the deal is, but on a side note, said this cat from Spokane was trying to sell him beats and one of them was mine! So he jammed him up and dude admitted to it.
Funny thing is this like the 3rd - 4th time this shit happened, people out here just pretending to be producers/beat makers whatever. I'm just wondering why a person who really wants to be in the game would say they made something they didnt. What are you gonna do when someone wants the session to mix or wants you to come get down in the studio??
To a person like me our credit for the track means more than the money...
I guess I finally have to start tagging my tracks.
This happened to me with the C-Bo album last year too!
I usually don't send snips out to just anyone, but I guess my screening process failed me! lol

So if you're an imposter - FUCK YOU!!!
thats fucked up shit. its even more fucked up dudes would use single track beats for projects, especially a black wall street release or c-bo.

Sep 7, 2006
www.myspace.com
i've listened to ur beats Vince, and they sound professional as hell, i'm not surprised that u got jacked. I got some shit at that i dont let anyone hear, except for my brother and my cousin. Thats it.

Dont u copyright them? I dont anything about tryin to sue people over music but i would think that u would know. Shits all bad though.

Feb 2, 2006
^^^ You mean registering the copyright. You have a copyright as soon as the music is in a fixed form (tape, cd, mini disc etc.)
yeah but its going to be hard to prove it in court. i suggest just putting all your beats on 1cd as 1 track and copyrighting them all under "Works of" so when its time to go to court then you got an official record you can fast forward to the track and you will get paid (and only cost as much as 1 song to copyright - $45). otherwise i seriously doubt that shit will work, people say it will, people say it wont but i wouldnt take a chance.

shit thats what i do. I just got me a copyright certificate back from the government. feels like i did something important lol.

also yeah don't put your best beats on the internet or a beat cd that your giving to people you always gotta keep the BANGER in the CUTS lol yadadamean.