Bay Area Rappers With Regular Jobs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 29, 2008
I didnt start the thread to knock rappers dat had regular jobs.I just find it funny that niggas dat rap about movin keys on damn near every song are workin at a 9-5.I aint surprised rappers are liars but damn how do u explain it to the public?Its almost the same as da rick ross shit.And the socially conscious rappers dat be sayin fukk da slave master and dey slaving at a 9-5 for a blue eyed cracker.Shit is comedy.50 cent said he never had a regular job,All he did was sell dope before becoming a rapper so if proof came out of him working at a warehouse or somethin his cred would be gone.

Jul 13, 2007
www.hottsauce.com
having a 9-5 is smart, and have a 5-9. i like money from all directions. doing one thing is goin to take a long time to get where you want to go! its not just rappers with jobs, musicians in general, rock bands, country singers, r & b, ect. you gotta do what you gotta do till you get that break.

Dec 13, 2006
how many rappers thats on have a regular job tho yall naming people thats jus tryna come up yall act like yuk or mess or somebody like that gotta job then it would be sumtin to talk about

Aug 22, 2006
40 used to sell kirby vacuum cleaners but he wasnt a punk
worked at mickey d's(what did he make?) employee of the month

before that:
got him a job as a paperboy 21 dollars a month
5 o clock in the mornin damn, i'm slavin for the muthaf***in white man
21 dollars might by me some porridge, they call me chicken george

Jan 5, 2007
True story

10 million dollar check came in everybody got a cool piece of that ..Those artist who didn't work on the label 6 months later broke spent there money on cars, jewelry, and clubs. People were calling me asking trying to keep their lights on and kids fed. A job is always a good thing the only thing that kept me outta that boat with the others. The only time you shouldn't work is when a job is costing you more money than you are making at that job...

Nov 14, 2002
i know a couple local rappers who got 9 to 5 jobs and shit....one dude was workin at walmart as a stocker until they fired him for smokin weed....i think he was a forklift operator and shit....

daaamn,i got my fork life license a few years ago.that shit pays real good.aint nothing wrong with having a jobby job.never was and never will be.

Mar 10, 2006
Most, almost all, of the rappers I know work 9-5 jobs. Unfortunately, I also know a lot of Bay Area underground rappers still sell eights of purple or small amounts of yola or some shit like that. A lot- not everybody, but a lot- of rappers that talk about havin some sort of illegal hustle are still caught up in it.

Im a counselor for homeless youth in Frisco and a big chunk of my check goes towards my music and im proud of it ya bitch.
your so full of shit all Bay rappers push p's and key's we doin it big out here............

Jun 6, 2005
www.guerrillafunk.com
Since we are on the subject, it's important for rappers to take advantage of these temp agencies too. Some are so-so, but if you can come across a good one you can pick when and where you prefer to work and still have time to pursue music, if that's your thing. Furthermore if music ain't poppin like that, most spots allow you to change your preferences so you can be open for full time work. I suggest all young ones look into it. Never hurts to get some legit dough.

FatBlunts209

2 SWISHERS = 1 BLUNT
Feb 21, 2008
STOcKTON
WELL I KNOW FOR A FACT SCOOT DOGG FROM HOOODSTARZ IS A NURSE CAUSE HE WORKS AND THE HOSPITAL IN EPA !!SERIOUSLY THOE !! NO BULLSHIT HES HAD THAT JOB FOR YEARS !!HE CAME TO MY APT ONE TIME !!MY BOY ANTBOOGIE HOOKED ME UP!! HES COOL ASS FUCK !MY BOY JSUT CALLED HIM AND HE WAS LIKE"IS HE GONAN LET ME GET DOWN "? AND HE CAME OVER DID A VERSE FOR ME FOR FREE!! WE WERE SMOKING ! HAD THE LIL 20 BOTTLE OF HENNESSY OUT ! REAL COOL KAT!!
any 1 buyin that?