Batista Finishing up with WWE at Extreme Rules?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2004
TOP WWE STAR BELIEVED TO BE DEPARTING THIS WEEK
by Mike Johnson @ 9:07 PM on 4/24/2010

The word making the rounds in Baltimore, where the WWE crew has already arrived for tomorrow's Extreme Rules PPV, is that Batista is finishing up with the company this week. He's challenging John Cena in a Last Man Standing bout on the PPV. Batista has made noises about leaving dating back to this January, so we'll see whether this is really it or not for him soon enough.

Currently, Batista is not listed on either the Raw or Smackdown roster pages on the WWE website.

I reported the following on 4/20 in the PWInsider.com Elite section:

"Batista's contract has either expired or will be expiring later this summer, depending on who the source is. I can't see the company pushing him so hard if his deal had expired, so I believe it's the latter. I was told Batista was informed he might not be starring in Killing Karma right around Wrestlemania weekend but the official decision wasn't made until about 7-10 days before the never-ending European trip. One of the reasons for the change is that WWE didn't want to release a film with him down the line if he wasn't under their employ."

Dec 4, 2004
I think this really sucks, Batista finally came into his own as a heel against Cena. They gave his movie role to HHH and I guess that was the last straw for him.

Jan 18, 2006
^^^ you basically said what i was gonna say about him finally finding a good role. If he goes to TNA then officially TNA will be some real competition

Jun 9, 2007
I don't see him going to TNA right away, I'd give it at least 6-12 months... I think he wants to see what he can do with his acting career *cough*notmuch*cough*

May 24, 2002
Batista will not go to TNA because TNA does not have the money for Batista. When this movie shit flops for Batista he will go back to Vince who will re higher him.

I really dont care that batista is gone... sure he was starting to become a decent heel but he is still garbage in the ring.

Oct 3, 2006
batista imo is like a goldberg...no real interest inbeing a wrestler jus in it for the fame and money ridin with the wwe, so I really don't think he will go to tna

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
good maybe they will push someone else for a change, batistas heel persona is pretty good though

If he stays i'd like to see him take a back seat and get like a unified tag title run with someone like jericho.