Bates Motel, anybody watching?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 30, 2007
Just started watchin the show, not sure if its the first episode but its a lot more graphic than I expected and will definitely be watchin the rest of the episodes. Vera Farmiga could get it all day, been a fan of hers since Running Scared (not the Gregory Hines and Billy Crystal movie lol)

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
That was the 1st episode. It was pretty good and I'm excited to see the rest. It was confusing as hell because I expected this show to take place in the 40s or early 50s and they're driving an old car and watching an old ass tv then the next scene shows him listening to music on his iPhone.
Does something lead to this transisiton in time? I havent watched this series yet but what time in history is it trying to portray?

Jan 30, 2007
Does something lead to this transisiton in time? I havent watched this series yet but what time in history is it trying to portray?
It's set in present day. I thought it was based on the events that led up to Norman Bates before he was an adult and his mom died. I think that's the premise they are goin with but yeah it confused the hell outta me....good show either way check it out

Props: Joey
Aug 20, 2006
FLA
No transition. They definitely did it on purpose to kind of get you familiar with the characters before they let you know the show takes place 60 years in the future and is completely non-canon with the movie..

Mar 16, 2005
good show, i see why the confusion on timing but i think thats because the hotel was already rundown and old to begin with thats why all the furnishings inside old, but its set in present day timing.

and yes the blonde and the chick with the oxygen tank, dayum!!!