BALANCE inked deal!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 29, 2004
i was reading ballerstatus.net and i found out BALANCE jus signed a deal, now for sure the album will drop!!!

congrats to balance

(this was what they posted:)

Although Cali's Bay Area doesn't getting the love it did in the past, newcomer Balance is not letting that stop him. The rapper, who along with duo Frontline are dubbed the "New Bay," has inked a one album deal with San Francisco, California indie label, SMC Recordings.

After getting Unsigned Hype honors in a recent issue of The Source and being featured as one of the next artists to blow in XXL and Billboard, Balance has gained the attention of many records labels -- major and indie alike.

"I was getting calls from the majors, but I've always wanted to stick with the Bay tradition of being independent -- at least for my first album," Balance said. "I chose SMC/Fontana because they're track record for Bay Area artists speaks for itself, and they've broken new acts. Plus they're really behind me on this project."

"Balance represents a new breed of artists who are without regional boundaries. We're excited for him to be one of our first releases through our new venture with Fontana Distribution. We're confident he will become a franchise player on a team filled with all-stars," said SMC President, Ralph Tashjian.

Balance joins veterans Bizzy Bone, B-Legit and San Quinn on the SMC/Fontana roster. His debut was titled The Day Cali Died, but has since changed the title to Young & Restless. The album features guest appearances by Stat Quo, Chamillionaire, Keak Da Sneak and The Frontline.

Young & Restless is slated for a September release.

Jul 15, 2002
Awwwwwwwww, man I was hoping he'd sign with G-UNOT.

J/k Congrats to Balance

Hold up wait nobody said it....rep dat shit be proud.....SAY IT SAY SAAAAYYYYYY IT!!!

BALANCE 2K2

On the Rise
May 2, 2002
thanks folks!!!

i think its a good step for me, the majors is a tough game- THEY sign artists that buzz just because they buzzin. but if u dont sale u may never get another shot. so for me i'd rather keep building fans and buzz, then sign a bigger deal at a later date.

now and days major lables are givin un signed artists $50,000 demo deals but shit a video cost more than that!

plus tha deals they givin if u sale 300,000 u still be at ur day job!!!

lol

f-that!!!

Meelo

Sicc OG
May 31, 2005
BALANCE 2K2 said:
thanks folks!!!

i think its a good step for me, the majors is a tough game- THEY sign artists that buzz just because they buzzin. but if u dont sale u may never get another shot. so for me i'd rather keep building fans and buzz, then sign a bigger deal at a later date.

now and days major lables are givin un signed artists $50,000 demo deals but shit a video cost more than that!

plus tha deals they givin if u sale 300,000 u still be at ur day job!!!

lol

f-that!!!
SMART, congrats mayn