Back Problems

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2005
Been working construction for years and my back's finally catching up with me(and I'm only 28). Instead of surgery, I'd figure I'd start with the epidural injections first. Anyone had one of these fuckers? Do they knock you out or just dope you up. Either works for me as long as it helps, can't fucking sleep and it hurts just to drive.

Nov 7, 2005
Seriously? Man I got 4 bulging discs and a pinch nerve. I can deal with the disc pain, it's just the nerve thats fucking with me. Acupuncture would help with that?

Aug 9, 2005
Been working construction for years and my back's finally catching up with me(and I'm only 28). Instead of surgery, I'd figure I'd start with the epidural injections first. Anyone had one of these fuckers? Do they knock you out or just dope you up. Either works for me as long as it helps, can't fucking sleep and it hurts just to drive.
start lifting with your legs homie...or really hit a physical trainer to help you strengthen your back muscles so its not so much strain on nerves and bone joints..dont turn to percs...temporary loser addictions haunt construction workrers...you a laborer?

May 6, 2002
Not to let you down, but everyone I know with back problems from the age of 23 and up...have never been able to fully resolve them. Go see a good chiro and see what he can do for you.

On a cheaper side, get a better mattress and ease up on the back strain if you can.

Nov 7, 2005
start lifting with your legs homie...or really hit a physical trainer to help you strengthen your back muscles so its not so much strain on nerves and bone joints..dont turn to percs...temporary loser addictions haunt construction workrers...you a laborer?

My problems started with a fall while carrying heavy shit years ago. I'm also strong as shit and still work out as long as my back lets me. I use all the proper lifting techniques with heavy equip. I've been in the construction trade for years (elevators & framing)man I know what's up. I've also been on pain meds for years too, so too late for that shit..lol

CyrusTheVirus

thats just my ghost
Oct 31, 2002
legendary
I don't know what kind of danger is involved with getting injections in your spine but there has to be some risk. I would go with the accupuncture suggestion first.

I saw a thing on tv about this girl who got dystonia after a flu shot and it fucked her up pretty bad. she can't walk normally anymore. It was kind of sad....
then today my partner sent me this video

^^ wrong on so many levels.

Best of luck with the back pain... drugs might help but I'd be nervous about epidural injections.

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
Just have the surgery and get it over with, instead of getting painful ass shots for months and then ending up having to have the surgery anyways.
All you are doing is prolonging the inevitable.

Nov 7, 2005
Not to let you down, but everyone I know with back problems from the age of 23 and up...have never been able to fully resolve them. Go see a good chiro and see what he can do for you.

On a cheaper side, get a better mattress and ease up on the back strain if you can.
I feel that, it seems like 90% of the people I work around have some sort of back, shoulder, neck issues, but it pays the bills. I feel you on that new mattress though, I'm due to get a new one.

Nov 7, 2005
Just have the surgery and get it over with, instead of getting painful ass shots for months and then ending up having to have the surgery anyways.
All you are doing is prolonging the inevitable.
Was thinking the same shit, it was just my docs opinion that the shots might work out and get rid of the nerve problem. But you're right, that still leaves my fucked up to discs to get dealt with in the future.

Sep 29, 2003
rob i feel you on the back problems. i'm a tile layer, 23 years old, and it hurts me to drive the 30 minute commute everyday to work and back home. gettin kinda worried about how much longer i'm gonna be able to work with my body....my knees hurt too when i work, but usually feel fine once i rest at night...

May 11, 2002
I talked with you a while back for the elevator union. That is the main reason I didnt take the job. No amount of money is worth your health.

Anyways hit me up if your going to do WC. I actually work for a insurance company doing WC claims.