B-12

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 17, 2002
a recording artist should always show his mic energy breh. them smoking a blunt together before recording or writing aint gonna make the song any better. unless they're rappin about smokin a blunt together. there's top 40/#1 songs where multiple artists werent in the same studio. there shouldnt be an excuse for a lack of energy. the rest is all how you record and mix.
I see the logic but "should show" and actually showing are two different things. And as far as top 40, I dislike most top 40, the music usually has what I perceive as a fabricated sound and vibe, as if the artists were not in studio together lol.

But you're talking to someone who enjoys old mystic journeyman tapes made with 4 track machines. So it's all subjective I guess.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2002
I see the logic but "should show" and actually showing are two different things. And as far as top 40, I dislike most top 40, the music usually has what I perceive as a fabricated sound and vibe, as if the artists were not in studio together lol.

But you're talking to someone who enjoys old mystic journeyman tapes made with 4 track machines. So it's all subjective I guess.
im not sayin top 40 shit is the shit, but top 40 shit sounds up to the industry standard. sound wise. equipment and knowledge of the equipment used is important. you cant guarantee you'll get energy with 2 dudes smokin together then rappin. thats not part of creating music. thats part of kickin it. Mase and Fabolous can smoke together before recording. you'll get dope L's, but not much energy. energy is relative.

no doubt 4 track machine shit is dope if you record/mix it right. the tape alone sounds nice.