• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Oh yeah, I know some people have really nice set ups and the such without spending major cash. My friend has a great set up and it wasn't that expensive.

But I'm still just saying that some movies are ment to be seen in theatres, and even though I'm not hyped about it this is one of them.

Nov 7, 2002
YEAH...This MOVIE is an event...it will break all records.

You have to see on IMAX screen, Its a 3D movie. They invented a new technology to make this movie.

It's a movie...a fantasy...keep an open mind.

It will be BIG.

I already obtained my shroomies.

I am there, this weekend.

Oct 9, 2008
I got the 52 inch, blue ray and surround sound..maybe a rent for me but thats just to see what it looks like on my new t.v...Other then that gotta say the movie looks gay like a muthafucka, so i don't know?

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
YEAH...This MOVIE is an event...it will break all records.

You have to see on IMAX screen, Its a 3D movie. They invented a new technology to make this movie.

It's a movie...a fantasy...keep an open mind.

It will be BIG.

I already obtained my shroomies.

I am there, this weekend.
Here is the thing, this movie is going to HAVE to be huge if they are going to make any money off it.

The movie alone cost around 240 million to make and reports are as high as 200+ million on marketing.

If it's anything other then a huge smash hit it's a flop.

Out of curiosity I searched the greater Seattle area's Thursday midnight shows and none of them are sold out minus the Imax at Seattle center.

While I do think the movie will do good in the box office it's going to be a struggle for the studio to make money off of it.

I still think it looks like crap though of course lol.

Nov 7, 2002
"stereoscopic filmmaking with cameras that were specially designed for the film's production"

"Unlike previous performance capture systems, where the digital environment is added after the actors' motions have been captured, Cameron's new virtual camera allows him to observe directly on a monitor how the actors' virtual counterparts interact with the movie's digital world in real time and adjust and direct the scenes just as if shooting live action"

"Besides a real time virtual world, the team is also experimenting with a way of letting computer generated characters interact with real actors on a real, live-action set while shooting live action"

Some kind of improvement...the way I see it -> Its going to be pretty interesting, captivating and creative movie.

Dec 29, 2008
i saw the preview before another movie recently. this movie looks like at an attempt to resolve the director and/or writer's white guilt. that thought hit me after like 15 seconds.

Apr 25, 2002
FernGully: The Last Rainforest (1992) + Aliens (1986) = Avatar (2009)

1992 & 1986

1+2+6 = 9

1+8 = 9

It is pretty obvious they were telling us Avatar is coming in 2009

May 9, 2002
A. No one on the siccness' home tv set up is that nice. I said theater experience.

B. No one on the siccness' home has imax and/or 3D
A. You don't know that and you would be shocked at what some people do to RECREATE that experience.

B. I don't give a shit about 3D/Imax and never intended to see a movie like this in that way.

Again, this movie can be experienced in a HT just fine.