ATTENTION!! MODERATION IN NEED!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MODERATION IN NEED, What should we do?

• Total voters
Nov 24, 2006
Haha everyone start the chant..."I hate n8, LDS in '08" "I hate n8, LDS in '08" that's definitely a promising campaign slogan right there...But on a real note, seeing as everyone is pretty much on the same page, I say we make LDS or LDS and Bear mods...y'all seem to be in touch with everyone (or mostly everyone) on here and you'd do a good job imo. But seeing as I'm practicing amateur hour up in here and don't even know what the hell a MOD does, my 2 cents are pretty much worthless.

Oct 29, 2007
This board is in desperate need of active moderators
This ain't @ you bro!... But their right

90% of you fuck tards that complain, that this place needs more moderation, are the reason this place needs moderation.

Here's an idea....moderate your own fucking mouths and you won't have as many problems. I don't spend hours on end here anymore, but after about 5 minutes i can tell who the bad seeds are. And most are the same people bitching that this place has gone to shit.

A better forum starts with you...not me....or someone else. I can't delete 50 individual posts a day, nor does anyone else have that kind of time.

Nov 5, 2006
This ain't @ you bro!... But their right

understood but what can normal users do when someone consistently posts threads on every issue that has been covered, we cant move the thread where it belongs we cant delete the thread, all we cant do is tell them that its already been covered but there is enough other people who havent been reading the old threads so the new redundant ones stay alive and make it difficult to want to read through all the threads, so Swick and techn9nehq dont have enough time then give the job to people who are more frequent on the forum and at least for now are willing and volunteering

Oct 16, 2006
understood but what can normal users do when someone consistently posts threads on every issue that has been covered, we cant move the thread where it belongs we cant delete the thread, all we cant do is tell them that its already been covered but there is enough other people who havent been reading the old threads so the new redundant ones stay alive and make it difficult to want to read through all the threads, so Swick and techn9nehq dont have enough time then give the job to people who are more frequent on the forum and at least for now are willing and volunteering
I agree with this.. but I fear with moderation, as much as good moderation is beneficial to these boards, I also feel it can be detrimental, for example, if the moderation is way too stringent on the fellow users here.. I haven't been here all that long in comparison to other users but I have noticed that these forums are much better than what they were, at least in my eyes.. In regards to moderation, I don't think there is much moderation required in improving these boards to be perfectly honest.. though it does need to be updated in a more prompt manner.. the Discography Thread and Vital topics for example..

- Good suggestions accepted and used to improve the forum and keep things a little more up-dated,

- Rearranging redundant and insignificant posts that can be either removed or transferred to existing threads that somewhat pertain to the topic, and

- Continual updates in regard to the Strange Music Forums to keep everything more organised..

The fact of not keeping things relevant and up-to-date is negatively affecting this place moreso than general moderating duties like implementing bans and removing posts of users bickering, that's what makes this place unique, and oddly entertaining.. hell, we even have a Thread entirely dedicated to people having a go at each other..

It all seems like a waste of breathe really, nothing has really came from any requests to have Moderators implemented.. and in the meantime countless threads have been made about the fact that things need to change.. it is getting to the point where we should just accept the conclusion that no-one should really give a fuck about the state of it as it is presently since nothing is presently going to change and just accept it.. makes me think this should of been posted in the other 20-30 different moderator poll/ grievance threads..

Off-Topic - Nebulizah you got to change that fuckun' sig, you know how many times that shit has got my attention, I don't fuckun' learn!

ECF'NW.

Sep 16, 2006
Me for moderator.

Because I'm the most organized, proficient and productive user of the board.

If it's not me, then who cares? Why the hell would I actively be advocating for more people with the power to delete posts and control freedom of speech? That sounds fun!

Isn't that like asking for more cops? No thanks.

Nov 7, 2006
I WANT ANARCHY!!!!!!!!! which is why i'm the only who posts get rid of ALL mods lol. really though someone else should get the job since swick is MIA and HQ never comes on here and when he does he doesnt fix nothing up. atleast shit was getting done with LDS being MOD for an hour lol

Nov 7, 2006
yeah someone told me this forum was not gonna last lol. i can care less. and BTW i would make the best MOD ever. just figured everyone should know that