Atheists and Agnostics: Do you celebrate Christmas?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 20, 2004
JLMACN said:
just curious...

what do you mean by this?

The point of Xmas is to celebrate Jesus' birthday. Yet kids sit on Santa's lap and tells him what they WANT.

And the parents fall right into it. Kids can be very demanding and I feel that parents are pressued into getting them EXACTLY what they want or their kids will be dsappointed or mad at them. Parents working double shifts in the months of November and December just so they can rush to the mall on Dec. 23rd to try and fight with 50 other people in the same situation, just to get a freakin XBox. Sounds like lots of holiday cheer.

And dont these kids get their own Birthdays? WHy do WE get gifts on another mans birthday? I know, I know, Jesus dies for US, so we are living through him, right? Something like that.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Deadpool said:
Observing Christmas in the way that "we" do in America is highly dishonorable to the name of Christ.

There are comparatively few that spend Christmas in a holy manner.

Christmas lends itself to pagan syncretism more than any other Christian festival (Yule, tree, holly, etc).

Christians should be more worried about "losing" easter.
This world MUST be coming to an end (or santa must be real)! I agree with this guy on two things! Incredible!

May 14, 2002
Listen to this song.. this is some harshness about chirstmas put into a song

I starting to dislike christmas every year several personal reasons and I think it's just a capitalist holiday. So many things are so wrong about christmas

anyway, listen to this song:

Macka B - Christmas Cancelled

Dec 8, 2005
christmas is good as others have said; family, gifts, period of reflection and planning for the new year. christmas is hardly about jesus anymore; more so about fat santa who used to toss money down chimneys, consumerism, and little johnny getting what he wanted or else he'll feel like his parents dont love him. also, the food is amazing. buy up folks, core inflation is on the rise.

Aug 20, 2004
nhojsmith said:
christmas is good as others have said; family, gifts, period of reflection and planning for the new year. christmas is hardly about jesus anymore; more so about fat santa who used to toss money down chimneys, consumerism, and little johnny getting what he wanted or else he'll feel like his parents dont love him. also, the food is amazing. buy up folks, core inflation is on the rise.
Amen!Errrrr....i mean...Merry Christmas!

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
its a fun holiday so yeah I celebrate it, nowadays i swear its getting to the point that people don't know why its celebrated anyways. People kinda celebrate it in japan and they don't know who jesus christ is, they just want presents

Every holiday in america is based offa buying either lots of food, presents, decoritave crap or all 3 anyways, might as well enjoy all the fun even if you know what the deal is. Cuz thats the deal no matter what, if you didn't fall into their plan you might as well just live in the middle of the woods buck naked forging for nuts and berries. Anyother way your always gonna be supporting the system you hate so much

Apr 25, 2002
i see most of you realize this a a commercial holiday for big businesses.. it actually starts on thanksgivin'.. that's why macy's throws a parade.. back to x-mas.. why don't you guys explain this to your families the way you feel about it.. now of course if you never buy anyone gifts you seem like a cheap bastard.. but how bout gettin them somethin in june... happy summer bitches... you can't change the world but you CAN change yourself.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
|GOD|||ZILLA| said:
i see most of you realize this a a commercial holiday for big businesses.. it actually starts on thanksgivin'.. that's why macy's throws a parade.. back to x-mas.. why don't you guys explain this to your families the way you feel about it.. now of course if you never buy anyone gifts you seem like a cheap bastard.. but how bout gettin them somethin in june... happy summer bitches... you can't change the world but you CAN change yourself.

Starts around halloween cuzzo.

Jul 22, 2006
JLMACN said:
DEADPOOL....ALLJOKES ASIDE...
DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT PARTICIPATE IN CHRISTMAS GET TOGETHERS AND FUNCTIONS?

JLMACN...DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT READ ALL POSTS BEFORE MAKING A REPLY?

Deadpool said:
You bet! Hyper fusion of capitalist decadence, Christian mythology, pagan rituals, and American/individual family traditions = nothing but a good time.

If they gave me time off work to celebrate the FBI holiday that follows closely behind, I’d get down with that too.