At least some east coast folks will know where go dumb started

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 11, 2005
www.singleminedid.com
Peep this article from allhiphop.com

THE BAY AREA MAD AT YING YANG?

The Bay Area has every right to be mad. Everybody from West to East has jacked their slang, but now a Southern crew might feel the wrath. Now, I admit I don’t know all about this situation, but I’m going to attempt to explain it. There is a new type of rap in the Bay called “Hyphy” and I’m told this is the West’s equivalent to Crunk. But, this style isn’t really new since it has been going on for about five years. Anyway, I’m hearing that the slang of this style involves words like “we go dumb,” “stupid,” “riding the yellow bus,” and other phrases. Anyway, D-Roc of the Ying Yang Twins has a new group called Da Muzicianz and their song is called “Go Dumb,” because it "borrows" their hometown style. The Bay is LIVID, I heard. Apparently, E-40 even has a song by that name and its coming out on his Lil’ Jon debut (He’s signed to Lil’ Jon’s label). Anyway, that’s the word I am getting about that. I hope is doesn’t escalate to more, but the Bay is tired of you all stealing their slang. Fa Shizzle, my nizzle!

They keep us talking, but if we stop talking about them then they should worry!

-illseed

Nov 8, 2004
www.turfquake.com
the east coast doesn't really care about going dumb

the south already knows how it is because a LOT of bay area people are in the south for college.. when certain songs get played.. its a wrap

i know at least 10 times since the fall semester started that my niggaz who doin the school thing in ATL have got clubs shutdown.. just for bein hella deep.. goin dumb and reppin the east a lil harder then the locals appreciated haha

Apr 19, 2005
Oh and as far as this thread is concerned - KILL THAT NOISE. Nobody gives a fuck where the shit came from, they just want to hear hit records.

FEI (For Everyone's Info) - Cats in NY and Jersey been saying "Dumb Out" for years. If we said Dumb Out and then other cats came with Go Dumb we'd accuse them of biting our shit. People are focusing on the wrong isht around here. I'm telling you ...

Aug 3, 2005
The Last Word said:
Credit don't get you record sales.
You got that right, that bullshit don't concern me and it ain't helping me survive. I could care less about where slang originated from. As long as the music is good then that's all that matters.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
actually they was sayin gettin dumb,and get stupid back in the 80s it was common b-boy slang...no offense if What the bay is sayin is different,I dont use those words so thought i would drop a few lines