As a dude who grew up in the Bay Area and always listened to Bay Area rap, does anyone else feel that Too Short sucks?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
Been a too $hort fan since I heard get In where you fit in back in 94-95. Classic to me....Can’t stay away was shorts last solid album, that I remember

Props: Hood Rat Matt
Sep 3, 2002
He gets outshined most of the time, but more so due to the steep mountain of game that Northern California produces.

I don’t regularly listen to anything by too short so maybe you’re on to something a little bit.

I still remember this documentary (can’t find on the net) it was about groupies/strippers/hos and this girl and her friends met too $hort and she was all disappointed and calling him boring and lame.

hellatall1991

Sep 13, 2018
would you prefer to die by gunshot or home invasion "robbery gone wrong" within the next 3 days?
I guess sensitivity is what defines your generation? It's not disrespect to him, I just don't like his shit that much. Especially considering he's an Oakland rapper, there's so many guys who outshine the shit out of Too Short from Oakland.

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
I guess sensitivity is what defines your generation? It's not disrespect to him, I just don't like his shit that much. Especially considering he's an Oakland rapper, there's so many guys who outshine the shit out of Too Short from Oakland.
Bruh too $hort is probably close to 50 years old right now. Are you talking RIGHT NOW or in shorts prime ? In the 90s there wasn’t a lot of rappers outshining him in Oakland, he’s not relevant to the rap scene NOW, but he was major factor in the 90s and 2000s.

hellatall1991

Sep 13, 2018
Bruh too $hort is probably close to 50 years old right now. Are you talking RIGHT NOW or in shorts prime ? In the 90s there wasn’t a lot of rappers outshining him in Oakland, he’s not relevant to the rap scene NOW, but he was major factor in the 90s and 2000s.
Compare Too Short to E40, Both came out at around the same time (Short came out a few years before 40) but E40 still murders verses. I do like some Too Short songs, but even back in the day, the Luniz were better than Short, E40 was better, a lot Oakland/Bay Area rappers were way better than him, at least to me.

Props: Tahzay

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
Compare Too Short to E40, Both came out at around the same time (Short came out a few years before 40) but E40 still murders verses. I do like some Too Short songs, but even back in the day, the Luniz were better than Short, E40 was better, a lot Oakland/Bay Area rappers were way better than him, at least to me.

If you ask me there's no comparison, e-40 will gas short 10 times out of 10. Forty drops a lot of game in his rap & short raps about fucking and pimping. forty for sure has a more versatile flow /vocab.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
Way Too Real song never gets old!!

Legend.
"Like a mack...I surprised her....dropped her ass off at Kaiser" - one of the best lines ever imo

I'd rather listen to a 9 minute Too $hort song from the 80's than most of what's played on the radio right now. I am old now though.