Artie Lange tried to kill himself

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
Sorry if this is a repost. Didn't see anything about it here though.
Howard Stern Sidekick Artie Lange Hospitalized After Violent Suicide Attempt

NYPost.com

The comedian, who has struggled with substance abuse, reportedly stabbed himself nine times.

Troubled comic Artie Lange landed in the hospital after stabbing himself nine times in an apparent suicide attempt, sources told The Post.

Lange's frantic mom called 911 Saturday morning after she entered his Hoboken apartment and found the bloodied funnyman, a law-enforcement source said.

Lange sustained six "hesitation wounds" and three deep plunges.

A source close to Lange's management team confirmed that the sidekick stabbed himself, adding that his mother had come to visit him that day to drop off food.

Surgeons managed to save Lange despite heavy bleeding.

"We all have our demons," Stern said on-air this week, referring to Lange's past battles with addiction. "Artie has given this show tremendous moments of great comedy. He's a tremendous contributor. He is a good man. Don't forget how great he is."

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I think Artie is hilarious and from what I can tell a good guy overall from the years of listening/watching him on Stern. But dude has some REALLY bad underlying problems whatever they might be to make him so self destructive with the drugs, booze and now this.

Sadly I don't see him living more then a few more years even if he doesn't try to off himself again.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Honestly that would be some shit to try to stab yourself to death.

Like, I could never off myself for many different reasons but if I was going to that would be towards the bottom of my list of ways to do it.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
Damn thats crazy, they would always joke about his problems on air but I thought he had kinda shook those. Wow he's really hit rock bottom now.

May 11, 2002
Wow...I was wondering what he was hospitalized for?? I was wondering why he did not return to Stern on Monday. Fucking crazy.

He need serious fucking help. He is in a very bad place....and has been there for years.

Don't do Herion Kids.

Jun 23, 2004
If someone really wants to go "especially a substance abuser" why not just Shoot up Massive shit and od. I knew this kid in rehab he did it hardcore, cops were chasing him and he was only sixteen, so dude got out of the car and stabbed himself as hard as he could with a kitchen knife, it broke his breast plate but he barely made it alive, had a big ass scar. Anyway I got sympathy for problems but if Im gonna go im gonna eat like 67 oxies or something, or else its just a cry for help, hope he gets help

Jun 12, 2003
dude is funny regardless..iv been a listening 2 him on stern back in the days..cracks me up...any how i jus seen his movie called beer league...its funny,anybody else see it??