Army of Two: The 40th Day

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.dreamtdk.com
I'm a fan of the first, so of course I'm gonna cop this shit and see the movie when it drops, game looks dope too...

* The game takes place in Shanghai, where a network of PMCs are
looking to take over, under the rule of a leader with a hidden purpose
* Rios and Salem are back, however they've been reluctantly dragged
into the conflict and don't have the full story
* The game will feature moral decisions, a deeper weapons
customization system, multiple endings, and even a few followers
* Multiplayer will be outsourced yet again
* On the technical side: The 40th Day adds Beast lighting and
Fracture, as well as an improved networking system
* Environmental interaction: some weapons will be capable of tearing
through thin walls and obstacles in the game; and new AI scripts will
improve your partner's realism (e.g., peeking through windows, taking
out enemies silently, etc.)
* EA will be tossing civilians into the mix, which you can use as meat
human shields
Previews:
http://www.gamepro.com/article/previews/209278/army-of-two-the-40th-day-preview-xbox-360/
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3173247&p=4
http://www.destructoid.com/preview-army-of-two-the-40th-day-125008.phtml

Nov 6, 2004
i didnt care for the first one. I played it for awhile and then one day I decided that it was wack and beat as quick as I could and got rid of it.

Jun 24, 2005
Played the demo of the first and thought it alright. Never worth buying or even renting though. The duo seemed to have some homovertones as well.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
First one was cool, and a step in the right direction.. But it had so many issues.. First off, it was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too short.. Online was only 2v2.. And some of the ideas were retarded, like the co-op snipe and shit.. Not only that, you're AI partner was fucking horrible; but that wasnt too big of a issue because i know the game was met to be played with another person thru co-op.

Is this DLC or a whole new game?

Nov 15, 2007
shit looks sick, i was a fan of the first one as well... i dont give a fuck what anyone thinks this game wasnt put together all that great but i loved the whole mask idea in the game and i loved pimpin' out my weapons... game was great to me and im lookin' forward to this one as well... can we get some more info on this siccx... whens this drop and is it DLC or a whole new game????????

Apr 25, 2002
www.dreamtdk.com
This is a whole game, a sequel, and is due out this winter, from what I hear around the time of the movies release. One think I think is interesting is one of the cats working on this was lead designer on Spore, so there should be some interesting things aside from shooting in this game this time around...

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
I hope they keep tha whole costumizable character thing again.. But i also hope they work out all the flaws they had with the first one, and dont rush to put it together.. If they can build off the good ideas from the first game and get rid of some of tha stupid ones then i'll defantly be coppin.

Jan 18, 2006
the first one sucked ass and i like most shooting games, hopefully they made major improvements on this new one