ARE YOU A REAL PRODUCER

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 21, 2006
Just because you got an mpc YOU'RE a producer now? Please.

Doesnt matter what you use bro. get out of that mindstate that shit is so outdated. If I had an SP1200 around me I would master that shit too. If I had Motif I would master that shit too. FL Studio was given to me and I mastered it. All it is, is a sequencer. Thats it. A fuckin note pad to jot down ideas. Same shit as reason, nuendo, cubase etc.. same concept. That's what I'm comfortable with using and i make damn sure my beats dont sound like i use FL.

If I had a penny for everytime somebody asked that question on some elitist shit, I'd be living in a house next to Bill Gates.

Focus more on making music and less focus on what other people are using. I never brag about what i use, but I will tell you what I use in a heart beat if someone asks me and fuck anyone who has that smirk on their face when i tell them because in the end, all that matters is the end result. Peace.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
ive seen cats on youtube with mpc 5000s chained with a fantom top end daw software and a rack of sound modules and they still sounded bootsy

its all about the quality you put out not what you used to make it

Apr 26, 2006
SteadyMobbin said it well.

I use FL Studio and the reason I use it is because I'm VERY comfortable with using it. The workflow just works for me. I've tried other programs and even some hardware like MPC, but I never felt comfortable. I can easily do what I hear in my head with FL or just make some on the fly shit.

With that said, that just motivates me even more to try to make some quality shit in FL because everyone thinks FL is garbage.

It mostly comes down to how you mix your shit, to get a respectable sonic quality sound. A lot of those videos on YouTube n shit of FL users, their lacking in that regard. That's where it gets it's bad publicity because it's so easy to download and use, therefore there's going to be A LOT of horrible shit being made with it, the more users there are. A lot of those people truely think FL is the one stop solution to making beats and they think that whatever it comes with (built-in samples, instruments, FX,...) that's all there is to it. Just very naive.

If Reason, Logic, Cubase, Pro-Tools,etc... where more easily accessible via download, you'd see alot more bullshit being made with those programs as well. FL is only a 100mb download and simple registration to crack.

Apr 21, 2006
Goblin beats my bad homie, I didnt mean to go off on you like that mayne. Just somethin I needed ta get off my chest. Hope u dont take it the wrong way.

Edit: Why was this moved to the open forum? lol

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
a producer is not someone who makes the underlying music on a song (i.e. the beat).... only in the wacky world of hip hop do people get this shit confused... and that's because most people who listen to hip hop are idiots

so yes, just because you have fruity loops (or an MPC for that matter)... does not make you a producer

::

Apr 7, 2006
a producer is not someone who makes the underlying music on a song (i.e. the beat).... only in the wacky world of hip hop do people get this shit confused... and that's because most people who listen to hip hop are idiots

so yes, just because you have fruity loops (or an MPC for that matter)... does not make you a producer

::
if i had to go literal in credits of songs, i am under "Produced by Tony Lo" so technically im a producer. lol nah but to this day im confused on what a true producer is. i tried to read that vital thread in the studio but i never got to lookin to deep into it.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
a producer and a beatmaker are pretty much on the same thing in the world of rap music IMO nowaday but I think a true producer does more than make a nice beat though. Hes the guy who brews up the overall concept of the song from front to back. It takes more than just a hot beat to do that. Its pretty well known that Dr Dre doesnt do alot of the beats on his albums but his concepts and ideas behind the music is what makes alot of the stuff he does classic. Just having him in the studio dropping his 2 cents makes hit records. Thats a producer, ain't too many cats like that in the bay doing it anymore. Good examples would be Ant Banks, Khayree, Sean t, Blackjack, Traxamillion and Nick Peace