Anyone been to New York?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
A couple years ago a homie of mine from Germany (white/blond) went with his girl to New York and stayed with his girls relatives there.

He thought it would be a good idea to check out Biggies birthplace cause he's a fan. So they went there by foot. Got closer and closer till an old black lady stopped them and said they better turn around. Then a moment later a school bell rang and the street filled up with black teenagers that all stared at them like "the fuck are they doin here?"...his girl got so scared she started crying. lol

They turned around and left. Nothing happened. Had me dying though when he told me the story.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
Yeah, you'd better know where the hell you're going in NY. Lots of tourists around there but plenty of places you should never step in if you're not from there. One of the only places I've ever been scared to be in was Jamaica Queens in the middle of winter when the sun was going down. The buildings are tall and with the train overhead, there are so many dark areas and alleys are pitch black and you can't see the end. If you don't know where you're going, you can get lost really quick too.

That same day that happened, we ended up in Brooklyn and it looked like we stumbled across an Amish community. Everyone on bikes or walking and wearing suits with white shirts and black ties. I was like, how the hell does this many Amish people end up in NY? They were Jewish, I'm an idiot.

reo

Banned
Feb 12, 2006
A couple years ago a homie of mine from Germany (white/blond) went with his girl to New York and stayed with his girls relatives there.

He thought it would be a good idea to check out Biggies birthplace cause he's a fan. So they went there by foot. Got closer and closer till an old black lady stopped them and said they better turn around. Then a moment later a school bell rang and the street filled up with black teenagers that all stared at them like "the fuck are they doin here?"...his girl got so scared she started crying. lol

They turned around and left. Nothing happened. Had me dying though when he told me the story.
lololol wut???

reo

Banned
Feb 12, 2006
lol...

no disrespect... but it has always got foos from tha LOS rollin ta hear people wen they say terms like this...

just like when 99.9% of rappers say "hood"... thinking it means "ghetto"... not knowing wut it really means...

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
lol...

no disrespect... but it has always got foos from tha LOS rollin ta hear people wen they say terms like this...

just like when 99.9% of rappers say "hood"... thinking it means "ghetto"... not knowing wut it really means...
Non taken. I guess I use it in the non LOS meaning, as in a male friend from back home. :chinese:

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
went to New York in 2011-thought it was sick as fuck. ate the best pastrami sandwich ever at some deli called "carnegies" best pizza at some place called "lazzara's" did the whole tourist thing, hopped on the subway to yankee stadium. Not gonna lie, started getting a little grimey. i was with my wife and kid and was already plotting in my next move in case something went down. Went into a mcdonalds across from yankee stadium and it was packed with puerto ricans...it was like a different world to me.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
went to New York in 2011-thought it was sick as fuck. ate the best pastrami sandwich ever at some deli called "carnegies" best pizza at some place called "lazzara's" did the whole tourist thing, hopped on the subway to yankee stadium. Not gonna lie, started getting a little grimey. i was with my wife and kid and was already plotting in my next move in case something went down. Went into a mcdonalds across from yankee stadium and it was packed with puerto ricans...it was like a different world to me.
Yeah, Yankee stadium is like 6 feet from the hood lol. Get off the subway, straight in the stadium and out, don't f around. It sucks if the game ends late too. That's another place where the train is overhead so it makes some areas on the street crazy dark, like pitch black.

Feb 8, 2003
I been there several times. plenty of bad puerto rican bitches there. imo jersey.had better bitches. if i was single it'd run through them more again lol. get you a rental fuck a cab you will find something to get into l

Nov 24, 2003
lol...

Since language is subjective and based on mutual agreement, if 99.9% of people think hood means ghetto, than hood means ghetto.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
Since language is subjective and based on mutual agreement, if 99.9% of people think hood means ghetto, than hood means ghetto.
nah breh it means whatever reo @reo thinks it means because he is from east los angeles ( aka southern californias shithole ) & apparently east los makes everything up for everybody.

reo

Banned
Feb 12, 2006
nah breh it means whatever reo @reo thinks it means because he is from east los angeles ( aka southern californias shithole ) & apparently east los makes everything up for everybody.
wrong...
i got fam in tha cheese side but im frum that SCLA!!!

i aint tryna bethat foo thats hollyer than thou so sorry if u took it that way...

but like it or not thats not really what that werd means... its just another thing stolen from our "culture" then twisted to fit mainstream...

ive been around to see foos throw shoes on powerlines for tha REAL reason to seeing little kids in tha suburbs doing it bcuz they seent it in a video...

reo

Banned
Feb 12, 2006
and its not just this culture... bay foos shood be able to relate,,, it happens to bay slang even more frequently...

i kno bcuz ive BEEN fucin wit tha bay... which is what makes that statement about ela so funny... ela and essj is like twin citys!!!
any1 who knos both areas would say tha same...

but it dont matter... it aint hurt my nerves... im frum SCLA!!!

Last edited:
Props: S.SAVAGE
Oct 13, 2003
Holbrook is only 54 miles from Manhattan.

I stayed in Manhattan for a week. If you haven't been, spend the bulk of your time there. Save yourself the trouble of planning and buy a CityPass which includes these places:

Empire State Building Observatory
American Museum of Natural History
The Metropolitan Museum of Art
The Museum of Modern Art
Top of the Rock or Guggenheim Museum
Statue of Liberty & Ellis Island

The other boroughs offer a more authentic NY experience, but they don't have the variety or safety in numbers Manhattan has. Dark or not, Manhattan is always awake and happening.

Apr 25, 2002
and its not just this culture... bay foos shood be able to relate,,, it happens to bay slang even more frequently...

i kno bcuz ive BEEN fucin wit tha bay... which is what makes that statement about ela so funny... ela and essj is like twin citys!!!
any1 who knos both areas would say tha same...

but it dont matter... it aint hurt my nerves... im frum SCLA!!!
the "bay" is a real subjective term when it comes to hip hop. Frisco and Oakland is the bay off bat. then theres additional layers of bay "area" on top of that which becomes subjective. if you asked someone in the culture from Oakland, Castro Valley, Discovery Bay, Tracy, L.A., or NY, you'd probably start getting different answers after Oakland. Real Estate is different than hip hop, and politics is different too. San Jose may be like L.A. but Frisco isnt. and San Jose isnt like Frisco. NY is huge and should be taken advantage of.

Last edited:

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
"In an early use of the term "homie", Ella Mae Morse, a white singer, in the original 1946 version of the song "House of Blue Lights" asks, "What's that homie?" to Freddie Slack, the writer of the song."

Ella is the homie...