ANYBODY COLLECT SPORTS CARDS?!...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 9, 2007
I had a full-blown business sellin cards on eBay up until a couple years ago... started off just sellin parts of my collection I didnt want anymore (I had accumulated over 1 million cards, mostly football & baseball). Then I started flippin cards, buyin em for cheap as shit & sellin em for 2-4 X profit on eBay. Ended up with like 2000 feedback, but it got to the point where I hit a wall & couldnt pay my damn eBay fee (it didnt help they kept raisin the listing fees & shit).. so I ended up with a $600 eBay bill I didnt pay until last year..

but yea, if you buy a Beckett to get an idea of what your cards are worth, you might as well divide the Beckett price by 7 because that would be the actual value... at most pretty much every card sells for 15% or less Beckett on eBay... unless its 1910's-1960's star baseball cards which still command premium, or the UPPER TIER rookies from the past 30 years / autos / serial numbered inserts... those still go for like half Beckett or more depending on what player / card it is.

I still have about 10,000 cards that meant the most to me... 4 T206 from 1909-1911 in good condition, hundreds of autos (Mays, Killebrew, Aaron, Favre, Manning, Payton).. couple thousand rookies.. Hank Aaron 3rd year Topps in good shape, Killebrew rookie... yea. Cards like those I don't see dropping significantly in value, altho they probably wont increase significantly either. Somethin to give the kids when they're a lil older.

Feb 6, 2009
i got all my late 80's early 90's A's cards in sleeves still... Bash Bros. and everything haha.... but i got a few too many cards... i got comics n shit too... kinda nerdy i know... but i cant seem to get rid of em... sumn thats gonna stick with me forever.
lol i have a few comics, nothing worth alot though

this is one of them
and i got hella cards too, also a bunch of xmen cards

Jul 6, 2008
let me tell you why those late 80s and whole entire 90s cards are worthless, is cuz most of them were counterfieted, so you do not know which ones are authentic, it is very hard to tell. so nobody wants to risk their money buying a card, when later on they realize its a fake card.

more than liekly your cards are worthless and id suggest using them to light up blunts, lighting candles and poppurri for a bubble bath or using them as coasters. if they were a lil softer, id use them to wipe my ass, but the way they were tough, it would make my hemmroids act up.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
Funny this was brought up, because my Moms just brought over some old boxes she found in her shed with my old Sports Cards. They are mostly all from the early to mid 80's. I looked through them today and found Carl Yastrzemski, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Franco Harris, Mike Singletary, Mean Joe Greene, Earl Campbell, Dan Marino, Jerry Rice, a couple Mark McGuire (Rookie), Pete Rose, Cal Ripken, Walter Payton, Lawrence Taylor and the list goes on...

Mar 8, 2008
fuck yall made me go look through my parents garage earlier..
I must of had an eye for choosing cards cause i got a shit load of rookie cards of future hall of famers like 10 Mark Mcgwire, Arod, Ichiro, Jeter, Bo Jackson, elway, etc.

who remembers the Marvel Masterpieces ?

Aug 24, 2003
nice topic, i just inherited a shoe box of cards from my great grandpa who just passed away

looks like a buncha old scrappy junk though, theres this one card though sealed in like this glass box display thing, some guy named hornus wagger or some shit, anybody know if thast worth anything?

at least theres a rookie albert belle, sweet

Mar 8, 2008
Funny this was brought up, because my Moms just brought over some old boxes she found in her shed with my old Sports Cards. They are mostly all from the early to mid 80's. I looked through them today and found Carl Yastrzemski, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Franco Harris, Mike Singletary, Mean Joe Greene, Earl Campbell, Dan Marino, Jerry Rice, a couple Mark McGuire (Rookie), Pete Rose, Cal Ripken, Walter Payton, Lawrence Taylor and the list goes on...
i trade you a Mark McGwire Mothers cookies limited edition rookie card for your Walter Payton card...? haha

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
nice topic, i just inherited a shoe box of cards from my great grandpa who just passed away

looks like a buncha old scrappy junk though, theres this one card though sealed in like this glass box display thing, some guy named hornus wagger or some shit, anybody know if thast worth anything?

I'll buy that Honus Wagner card off you if you want. Can you post a pic of it somehow? Is he wearing a Pittsburgh Jersey in it?

Mar 8, 2008

haha good one.

Aug 24, 2003
I'll buy that Honus Wagner card off you if you want. Can you post a pic of it somehow? Is he wearing a Pittsburgh Jersey in it?
yeah hes this pasty looking white guy with a reddish face wearing a grey pittsburg jersey with a blue collar with a yellow/orange background and a white border.

this card is in great condition but man this shit is hella old, lol why do you want it? it looks like its like 100 yrs old man ill give it to you for 20$ if you really want it

Feb 14, 2004
I use to get mostly baseball & basketball cards. Me and the friends would go get a couple packs each and start trading out side of the store. I never traded any my Michael Jordan's, though. I still have all of them.