Any print mags focusing on Bay rap left?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
Xplosive is still out here, MurderDog is based out of Cali now I think, Dont know what happend to stash... everything is pretty much internet based now.

and it proves that the public eye isnt really focused on this region anymore and its hard to compete with other mags that appeal to a wider audience, wiggle freely, and report whats crackin nationally. This is a new generation your dealing with musically. Why do you think everybody who is getting legitimate deals are moving out of here to LA or else where ?

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Thats only half of the argument Indo. Print based media is dying all the way around, not just in music and certainly not just in the Bay Area. Huge newspapers that have been around for 50-60-100 years are closing down because they can't keep their doors open. And magazines are falling faster than that. Readers, unless they come from our era or earlier, dont really care much about having a physical magazine anymore and the driving force of print media is just not there anymore, people do not pay for advertising. Readers these days are almost solely getting their info in some way from an electronic technology, internet on their computer, cell phone, ipad, etc. Its a new generation, a blessing and a curse.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
Hey Indo.... for being from Vallejo, I figured you of all people would know that Robles Dr is in Vallejo and MurderDog mag is a VALLEJO product brought to you by the big homie Black Dog Bone!!!!!!!!!!!

@c-4 preach!!!!!!!!!!

SF TRAXX

Composer / Producer
Thats only half of the argument Indo. Print based media is dying all the way around, not just in music and certainly not just in the Bay Area. Huge newspapers that have been around for 50-60-100 years are closing down because they can't keep their doors open. And magazines are falling faster than that. Readers, unless they come from our era or earlier, dont really care much about having a physical magazine anymore and the driving force of print media is just not there anymore, people do not pay for advertising. Readers these days are almost solely getting their info in some way from an electronic technology, internet on their computer, cell phone, ipad, etc. Its a new generation, a blessing and a curse.
Agreed.

..Years back me and my folks had a sweet idea for a mag......fortunately for us we didn't go that route....

Dec 26, 2004
www.slapmaster.net
Hey Indo.... for being from Vallejo, I figured you of all people would know that Robles Dr is in Vallejo and MurderDog mag is a VALLEJO product brought to you by the big homie Black Dog Bone!!!!!!!!!!!

@c-4 preach!!!!!!!!!!
i still got the first copy with the dboyz on it (Like a news paper). Its was all Vallejo artist when it started. Seemed its more a Bay / Southern based product now and I think I remember there being a address to NY to send inquiries when it turned in to a more legeit mag....i could be wrong. If deff came a long way and became a part of history. I remember going to dudes house to chop it up as a youngster in South vallejo on Porter St. with the Dru and the Dboys.

It was once a Vallejo product..not any more to me.