Any of you play Guitar?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
If so, how long, what guitar you play (poast a pic) are you good, how did you learn?

I used to play a bit when I was younger but got lazy, for the next few months I will have alot of free time so I am getting back into it. Currently have a look around but will be buying one next week in about 8 days.

Looking for something that can handle everything really, metal, rock, blues..

May 25, 2005
^^i been saying for years i was gonna buy one and learn...the time is perfect now..got a bit more free time on my hands, and wanna try something else musically...hopefully someone answers your questions...might help me out too...

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Youtube is good for things like what to look for in getting your first guitar, also it has endless amounts of people testing out guitars.

Sep 16, 2006
i think theres another thread like this already but anyway, i bought my first guitar a few months ago and have been learning how to play it, but yeah it does take a lot of practice. The guitar is an epiphone les paul. It looks nice and was cheapish so i decided to go with that.

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
my brother does, he's been plying the acoustic guitar for almost a decade and got into playing the electric guitar about a year ago, he's pretty fucking dope. i've tried getting into playing the guitar but I like the drums better, imma buy a drum set as soon as i figure out where ima make space for em' and get some lessons.

edit, his setup;

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
i think theres another thread like this already but anyway, i bought my first guitar a few months ago and have been learning how to play it, but yeah it does take a lot of practice. The guitar is an epiphone les paul. It looks nice and was cheapish so i decided to go with that.
Is that a Gibson right? I was thinking a Fender, I like the look of it a bit more, but I wanna hear how they sound. How has your guitar improved, did you teach yourself?

my brother does, he's been plying the acoustic guitar for almost a decade and got into playing the electric guitar about a year ago, he's pretty fucking dope. i've tried getting into playing the guitar but I like the drums better, imma buy a drum set as soon as i figure out where ima make space for em' and get some lessons.

edit, his setup;
Nice. Do you have any vids of him playing?

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I have a guitar & bass but I'm not good....I haven't practiced in a long time and since I moved I got them in storage

Sep 16, 2006
Is that a Gibson right? I was thinking a Fender, I like the look of it a bit more, but I wanna hear how they sound. How has your guitar improved, did you teach yourself?
well gibson is owned by the same company as epiphone so my guitar is actually an epiphone les paul not a gibson. Gibson les pauls are top of the line and i was not ready to shell out all that money on my first guitar. fenders are nice but i like les pauls and you can get a pretty good epiphone for 300-800. the range of sounds is pretty large but i know there are other people with a ton of more experience on here. oh and so far i have gone online and learned everything myself, when i have time i want to take some lessons.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
well gibson is owned by the same company as epiphone so my guitar is actually an epiphone les paul not a gibson. Gibson les pauls are top of the line and i was not ready to shell out all that money on my first guitar. fenders are nice but i like les pauls and you can get a pretty good epiphone for 300-800. the range of sounds is pretty large but i know there are other people with a ton of more experience on here. oh and so far i have gone online and learned everything myself, when i have time i want to take some lessons.
good that you learnt yourself, I plan on doing that too from online

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
i think theres another thread like this already
http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=253681

I used to play. I never took it serious, I just learned how to read guitar tabs and spent the next 4 years or so learning probably around 50 punk songs and maybe 10 metal songs. I just loved throwing a song on that I knew how to play and jamming to the track. Or getting super baked and fucking around.

I had an Ibanez Talman electric with a POS amp and a metal zone boss pedal. I sold it a few years back but now that I'm about to become a full time student and give up my job (military) I kind of want to get another one. I'd probably take lessons this time around though, I kind of hit a plateau and lost interest real quick.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
buying it tomorrow (in about 12 hours )

but I'm getting a Fender Squire Strat

still tryna decide on all white, or black/white but I guess I will pick it when I'm in the store.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
weeeeeeeeeeee

ended up getting a fender strat bullet, sunburst finish with a white pickgaurd...looks sexy!!

just learning how to tune it and shit now

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
did you get an amp yet? Also did someone set it up for you? If not take it to the shop and ask for a free initial setup. String height makes all the difference on electric guitars.

I know you're gonna hate me for this, but try to learn sight reading notation early on. Tabs will only take you so far. If you need any help just let me know.

First thing you need to learn is how to hold it right. Watch some videos on proper guitar holding techniques. Also figure out the correct positions for both the fretting hand and the picking hand. If you learn it incorrectly initially, you'll regret it later.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
did you get an amp yet? Also did someone set it up for you? If not take it to the shop and ask for a free initial setup. String height makes all the difference on electric guitars.

I know you're gonna hate me for this, but try to learn sight reading notation early on. Tabs will only take you so far. If you need any help just let me know.

First thing you need to learn is how to hold it right. Watch some videos on proper guitar holding techniques. Also figure out the correct positions for both the fretting hand and the picking hand. If you learn it incorrectly initially, you'll regret it later.
yeah man i got amp/strap/tuner

my back is sore and my finger tips are red lol

gonna check out some posture and holding techniques u reccomended