Antonio Tarver making excuses?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 6, 2006
Last update: 06-01-2007

Tarver Drugged Against Bernard Hopkins?

By Mark Vester

There seem to always be conspiracy theories in boxing. During a recent media conference call, light heavyweight contender Antonio Tarver was asked several questions with respect to his June 06 loss to Bernard Hopkins. Hopkins moved up two weight classes and dominated Tarver for twelve rounds.

One reporter asked Tarver if there was a possibility that he was drugged. Not only did Tarver say that it could have been a possibility, he wishes there would have been a drug test after the fight to confirm or deny his theory.

"It is a great possibility. The stakes were high. When you look at that fight, which I have not seen the fight in its entirety, everybody that knows me knew that something was terribly wrong from when I walked from the dressing room to the ring. Something was wrong all day. It is a possibility, but I cannot say that my preparation was any different than it has been. I have always been committed, dedicated and a hard worker. So when you look at those assets, then you have to say something else happened for me to fight so flat, so lifeless, so emotionless, so un-spirited in one of the biggest fights of my career," Tarver said.

"Something definitely happened and something was terribly wrong. I wish I would have had a blood test right after the fight. Normally, they do drug test you after the fight. I do not know if there is any possibility of going back and getting that urinalysis and examining it to see what happened. Mentally, I was beat out of the game – could not get focused, could not get up for the fight – and that is just not like me."
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=8887

^Pathetic..

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
MOREBASS said:
Exactly! That's what I was saying...

He looked like a dog you're trying to teach a trick to...doesn't quite get what you want from him. Like...'what the hell am I supposed to do when you say ''ROLL OVER"...just give me the fucking treat, asshole!'

Aug 6, 2006
Haha, obviously Tarver's cocky ass didn't know what he was getting into with the crafty, former Middle Weight champ. He really did get beat very soundly and Tarver wasn't doing shit at all; for what reason, who knows? But it damn sure wasn't no drugs, the only thing he was high from was that hook from Hopkins that made him glove touch the canvas in the 5th round..:cool:

Aug 6, 2006
^^Oh yea, no doubt.. Tarver was the legitimate L. Heavyweight champ before he got beaten by Hopkins, I'm sure he'll rebound..