Antonio Bryant gets a DUI

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
49ers wide receiver Antonio Bryant arrested for drunken driving

By KIM CURTIS, Associated Press Writer
November 21, 2006

SAN MATEO, Calif. (AP) -- San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Antonio Bryant was arrested on reckless and drunken driving charges after his Lamborghini was seen speeding faster than 100 mph on a freeway.

Bryant, 25, was arrested Sunday night on suspicion of misdemeanor charges of reckless driving, driving under the influence and resisting arrest, police Capt. Kevin Raffaelli said.

ADVERTISEMENT

An officer entering U.S. Highway 101 saw Bryant speed past and tried unsuccessfully to catch him, Raffaelli said. He radioed another officer who pulled over Bryant.

Bryant showed "signs and symptoms" of being drunk, Raffaelli said, and he was uncooperative, combative and verbally abusive. He refused to step out of the car, he said.

The officers were forced to use leather restraints to put Bryant in a seated position with his legs straight and his hands cuffed behind his back, Raffaelli said.

Bryant was booked into the San Mateo County jail early Monday morning and released a few hours later on his own recognizance. He is scheduled to appear in court Dec. 28, according to San Mateo County sheriff's Lt. Lisa Williams.

Aaron Salkin, a spokesman for the 49ers, said the team was aware of the arrest, but declined to comment further.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aq.hv7quDlGyMITodAcJy9I5nYcB?slug=ap-49ers-

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
I dont know all the info involving Koren Robinson but he got susupened.... Im pretty sure that it was his second or third time........ Bryant has been in trouble before tho.....

PoLLo LoC831 said:
They Let him go from the 49ers
They didnt let him go after he got it....the dui wasnt the reason for his release...... Dont just pull shit out of your ass

Apr 25, 2002
I think Jeff's DUI was in the offseason so they didn't do shit.

But that would be gay as fuck if they suspended A. Bryant for this shit. I don't believe any player of any team should be punished by the NFL or their team for shit they do on their own time unless it is going to affect their on-field performance (ie steroids or any other type of enhancing drug). If they get in a fight, get a DUI, steal something or whatever they should only be punished by the law, not their organization.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
Quick said:
They didnt let him go after he got it....the dui wasnt the reason for his release...... Dont just pull shit out of your ass
I DIDN'T SAY THATS WHY!!!!! BUT HE WAS GONE AFTER THAT HAPPEN :dead: THEY LET THE COACH GO AND HIM AROUND THE SAME TIME BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED THA YEAR

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
PoLLo LoC831 said:
I DIDN'T SAY THATS WHY!!!!! BUT HE WAS GONE AFTER THAT HAPPEN :dead: THEY LET THE COACH GO AND HIM AROUND THE SAME TIME BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED THA YEAR

Him leaving the 9ers and getting a DUI have nothing to do with each other:dead:

May 2, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:

But that would be gay as fuck if they suspended A. Bryant for this shit. I don't believe any player of any team should be punished by the NFL or their team for shit they do on their own time unless it is going to affect their on-field performance (ie steroids or any other type of enhancing drug). If they get in a fight, get a DUI, steal something or whatever they should only be punished by the law, not their organization.
That's the way the NFL is though. They all know this before they fuck up.

So if you do...you only have yourself to blame. Pretty stupid though...especially at this time.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:

i agree wit u but the nfl has to do somethin or else your gonna hear the media and a bunch of other bitches complain about why isnt the nfl doin anything about it

May 2, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
Worse than T.O? Not a chance. He is not a problem on the field or with the team. A DUI has nothing to do with that shit.
He is not worse than T.O., but Bryant does have a little history of being a problem.

He threw his jersey in the face of Parcells...and he was known to have an attitude problem in Cleveland...that's why he was traded (plus his dropped balls).

And have you forgotten his T.O. like tantrum on the field earlier this year? He was crying like a little baby.

Now this...and if he does get suspended...that is a problem for the team.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
gimpypimp said:
Now this...and if he does get suspended...that is a problem for the team.
maybe it will but Not Really He Doesn't get the ball that much (he did but not that much lately) and when he does theres a Flag on the play or he Drops Em.......and if he does get suspended maybe some other WR came step their game up.