Antonio Bryant gets 4 games

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6299260

Bryant suspended for recent arrest
Story Tools:
Print Email Blog This Subscribe
Jay Glazer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 2 hours ago

The San Francisco 49ers may have an outside chance at a playoff berth, but those already long odds are about to get even longer.

FOXSports.com has learned that the NFL has hit WR Antonio Bryant with a four-game suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy as a result of his arrest on suspicion of drunk driving last month. Bryant will miss the final two games of this season and the first two games of next year. If the Niners make the playoffs, those games will count against the suspension as well.
Bryant will still be allowed to participate in training camp and with the team in the off-season despite the ban.

Bryant was arrested last month on suspicion of misdemeanor charges of reckless driving, driving under the influence and resisting arrest after being pulled over in his Lamborghini doing in excess of 100 mph. According to the Associated Press report, "An officer entering U.S. Highway 101 saw Bryant speed past and tried unsuccessfully to catch him," San Mateo police Capt. Kevin Raffaelli said. He radioed another officer who pulled over Bryant.

Raffaelli also said Bryant showed "signs and symptoms" of being drunk, was uncooperative, combative and verbally abusive and refused to step out of the car.

The officers were forced to use leather restraints to put Bryant in a seated position with his legs straight and his hands cuffed behind his back, Raffaelli said.

Bryant is reportedly scheduled to appear in court next week.

Bryant missed Thursday's practice but at the time the team said he was simply missing due to "personal reasons." It is believed he missed yesterday's practice to deal with this situation and decided to drop his appeal of the four-game ban.

Bryant has 40 catches this year for 733 yards and three scores this year and has been Alex Smith's primary target. He was signed this off-season by the Niners after posting the first 1,000-yard receiving campaign of his career last year with the Browns.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
ESCOBAR 92113 said:
nah he should just get it over with, if not the suspension goes into next year and he will miss the whole first month
Him being in these 2 games means more the first 4 of next season...... we have a shot at the playoffs this year....... slim but we have a chance........

Sep 17, 2005
If this guy has another 1000 yard season, I think hes gonna turn into another one of these diva receivas(TO, Moss) even though he aint proved to be on their talent level yet. Hes got the skills but his attitude is borderline and he thinks hes the shit. Been havin problems since college. I remember when he threw his jersey in Parcells face in Dallas LOL thats some balls.

Dec 4, 2006
WTF...that's preposterous ..

you can not get a game suspension for the use of liquor in the NFL...

Bryant better fight this one

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
DFresh77 said:
WTF...that's preposterous ..

you can not get a game suspension for the use of liquor in the NFL...

Bryant better fight this one
yeah, that shit doesn't make sense......and four games is hella long for some drank too

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
They never said he got this suspension from the DUI from what I heard. Cuze a reporter asked Mike Nolan if this suspension was from the DUI and he said he wasn't allowed to say. And to me if it was from the DUI I don't think Mike Nolan would have had any problem sayin it. He probably got caught with some bomb or somethin cuze 4 games shit that's the same suspension Merriman got for usin roids. That's fuckin ridiculous if the suspension is the same for roids and alcohol especially since alcohol is at least legal, but NFL dose stupid shit all day everyday

Apr 25, 2002
ArYo said:
They never said he got this suspension from the DUI from what I heard.
Yes they did.

ArYo said:
Cuze a reporter asked Mike Nolan if this suspension was from the DUI and he said he wasn't allowed to say. And to me if it was from the DUI I don't think Mike Nolan would have had any problem sayin it.
Nobody from the NFL ever said anything about him even getting a DUI. It's not something they want publicized, and that's why they called it a violation of the NFL's Substance Abuse Policy. They never divulge into it. The reason we all know is because of local media.

ArYo said:
He probably got caught with some bomb or somethin cuze 4 games shit that's the same suspension Merriman got for usin roids. That's fuckin ridiculous if the suspension is the same for roids and alcohol especially since alcohol is at least legal, but NFL dose stupid shit all day everyday
He didn't get caught with "bomb." That would have been in the media quick. The suspension is bullshit tho.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
Yes they did.

Nobody from the NFL ever said anything about him even getting a DUI. It's not something they want publicized, and that's why they called it a violation of the NFL's Substance Abuse Policy. They never divulge into it. The reason we all know is because of local media.

He didn't get caught with "bomb." That would have been in the media quick. The suspension is bullshit tho.
Damn you just came in here quoted every line, made me feel full of shit and all that good shit. Anyhow me personally I figured it was the DUI at first too, but when I heard Nolan say he couldn't comment on it, it made me wonder. Cuze when Bryant first got his DUI, Nolan was talkin bout it on his weekly show on KNBR. He wasn't goin on and on bout it, but you know he said Bryant made some mistakes blah blah blah blah, normal shit coaches say. Either way the suspension is still bullshit, cuze like I said before the same amount of time as an alleged roids user. I'd like to hear someone in the NFL's front office explain that one.

Apr 25, 2002
ArYo said:
Damn you just came in here quoted every line, made me feel full of shit and all that good shit.
My bad. That wasn't the purpose of my post..

ArYo said:
Anyhow me personally I figured it was the DUI at first too, but when I heard Nolan say he couldn't comment on it, it made me wonder. Cuze when Bryant first got his DUI, Nolan was talkin bout it on his weekly show on KNBR.
That's because KNBR is a local broadcast and us fans around here had already heard about the arrest because of newspapers and TV news. There's no sense in denying what everyone already knows, you dig? Plus, the guys at KNBR ask good questions and they weren't about to let him get away without speaking on the situation..

On a side note, KNBR is the shit. I listen to them in the morning and evenings, when I'm going to work and coming home. I used to listen mid-day as well but since Rick Barry left I slowly but surely stopped. Sometimes I get to tune into Gary Radnich but not often. They do a lot of great interviews.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
Yeah I love KNBR and Rick Barry was coo too, shitty they got rid of him. He did a good show wit that cat Brooks. Barry comes on 1140 The Rise Guys now though with FP Santagelo and the 2 other whitey guys. That's the coo thing bout livin in Vacaville at least we get Bay Area and Sac Town radio stations got a couple good sports ones to choose from.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

...4 games for a dui is some bullshit, especially rite now in crucial time...he should fight that shit...