Another "L" for yuk aKa the West Coast Don

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Yuk been doing his thing nationwide and he tried to expose bay cats to who he had connected with in other states....and he tried to expose cats from other states to us out here.....I know i never knew who tech 9 was until yuk started rapping with him....

Sep 22, 2008
I just think he should have stated it more in a boss manner, something along the line of dre being apart of UGA plus his career taking off the way it did was a beautiful thing to witness & be apart off.

May 29, 2002
Diggs also threw out a lil threat on the DL on twitter. He just finished up a show in Tacoma, and Yukmouth and Cuzzo Fly are coming to Seattle and he wrote I see my niggq Cuzzo Fly doing a show. "I might have to stay for the show" that was a lightweight threat

DODE

Sicc OG
Dec 30, 2011
i never took mista fab seriously.
never liked ANY of his music.
if anything, MAC DRE made mistah f.a.g more popular. not the other way around.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i think yuks statement was misunderstood. UGA contained a video with mac dre/dubee in a motel dancing along to 'thizzle dance' which was not my first time hearing mac dre, but was my first time hearing THE THIZZLE DANCE. now i dont know about you, but in San Diego, After we saw this on UGA, we downloaded 'thizzle dance' by mac dre on what had to be napster. now its not like yuk made mac dre but he did exactly what he was trying to do with UGA, put on for the bay in different areas. i dont know how many people were up on how well DVD sales were doing across the map at the time, but rap DVD's in general were doing great.

i think the real question should be not did it put you up on mac dre but did it put you up on the thizzle dance? for me it did.

you know how i feel the hyphy genre got noticibility throughout the nation? dvd's hitting youtube. but thats just IMO.

since UGA is in question, heres another question.

why the FUCK was kid frost in blackface? i've asked this question and NEVER got an answer. that whole part was just awkward as hell. like...what was the point of that whole shit.

Jan 18, 2006
I would have never knew how funny of a dude Mac Dre was if i didnt watch that UGA dvd and the UGA Dvd was one of the first bay rapper dvds to be released and that was also my first time finding out about the Thizz Dance. Only DVD i can even think of before it was the Murder Show. I guess people tend to forget Yuk was big as a fuck in terms of a fanbase at that time. Who cares though Dre and Yuk was a coo' as fuck with eachother. I have a feeling that UGA dvd had more sales but Yuk didn't help give Dre his personality, he did help Dre gain some new fans at that time whether people on here realize it or not.

Apr 25, 2002
ONLY THING YUK CAN SAY IS HE GAVE DRE THE NAME "THIZZELLE WASHINGTON"... OTHE THAN THAT YUK GETS NO CREDIT FOR DRE'S SUCCESS... I DON'T SEE ANY "YUKMOUTH PRESENTS" ON ANY OF DRE'S MUSIC.... NO MATTER HOW CRAPPY THIZZ RECORDS PUT OUT MORE MUSIC IN A YEAR THAN SMOKE-A-LOT RECORDS HAS PUT OUT THROUGHOUT IT'S EXISTENCE...
YUK did the intro on THIZZELLE WASHINGTON. Yall making something out of nothing. YUK does boost niggaz careers. That's a fact. Ask TECHN9NE. When everyone thought he was a weirdo, YUK put him on. All of them REGIME niggas career got a boost cause of YUK. YUK had 2 CHAINS on his FREE AT LAST cd before 2 CHAINS solo career took off. Yall taking it the wrong way. Him and DRE were FRIENDS!!! MAC MALL, DUBEE, J DIGGS, COOLIO THA UNDADOG, etc did not make MAC DRE a household name. Outside of the westcoast and KC DRE was not well known til UGA. Thats a fact!!! Its a shame he got killed before the world caught on. The song "WELCOME TO THE BAY" also helped DRE's career.