Angle Challenges Lesnar To MMA Fight... Take It How You Will...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 14, 2007
www.myspace.com
Kurt Angle recently defeated Brock Lesnar for a professional wrestling heavyweight title in Japan. After the match, Kurt called out Lesnar for an MMA fight, without getting a response. So take it how you want, but I think that Kurt may seriously be pissed about the bullshit Lesnar was talking.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

^^any link on the bullshit Lesner was talkin? or the match in japan footage?

May 14, 2007
www.myspace.com
On Friday in Tokyo, Japan, TNA Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle defeated longtime rival Brock Lesnar for the IWGP Championship in a match for Antonio Inoki’s new IGF wrestling promotion. After the match, Angle challenged Lesnar to a rematch - but under MMA rules (UFC-style real fighting). To read more about that potential fight, click here. TNA officials spoke by phone with Angle following the match, who had this to say: “The IWGP Championship is the second title to add to my growing collection,” Angle said. On July 15 at Victory Road, I’m going to add a third title" the TNA World Tag Team Championship. Then after Victory Road, there will only be one more title for me to win" and that’s to take the X Championship from that fat slob Samoa Joe!” Kurt Angle will be returning to the United States with both his TNA World Heavyweight Championship as well as the IWGP Championship.

Lesnar had stated that Angle was afraid of him and that he used to bully Kurt. He said he had pinned him several times (Which I doubt seriously, as Angle is an Olympic champion) There were just a few things that Brock said because he probably never thought they'd come back on him.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
^^^ The picture I seen that happened right after that match was Angle holding the IWGP belt with Lesnar holding his arm up like they were friends. I doubt theres any real heat, otherwise I doubt Lesnar would hold his arm up after the victory.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Here's how I ''take it"...

It's publicity; MMA is all over the TV, internet (check out the first page of this sports forum), and in people's mouths. Boxers are talking about it, from Mayweather to Jones Jr., and it's a growing and popular sport.

Plus, they needed something big to turn to after dropping that stupid ''death'' angle from Vince McMahon. (THEY being professional wrestling.)

My opinion.

May 14, 2007
www.myspace.com
Shogun Locc said:
yeah but angle has a bad neck
This is true, however I don't see how MMA is going to be much more of a threat, as I don't see anyone out wrestling him, thus, slamming him. He gets thrown around in pro wrestling every day, and in training. If he can get his stand up game down, I think Kurt could be a very dangerous fighter.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Not sure if any of you guys have Sirius, but Angle was a weekly guest on the Bubba The Love Sponge show. He'd always talk about trying to get into MMA and how he was waiting for the right contract blah blah blah. Anyway is that IWGP like WWF type of wrestling or is it some Olympic style?